cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion Estimated Removal Date Questions!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion Estimated Removal Date Questions!

Hey guys, so if you didn't know, when on Transunion's official site and disputing an account, it shows you the esimated removal date for each account.

For those of you familiar with this, how accurate is this? Does this mean Transunion will remove those accounts at that date? 

Could I possible ask TU to remove accounts early , or just wait?

*I have a bunch of accounts 6-7 years old all coming off this year! Will have a perfectly clean slate..besides student loans haha.

5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Transunion Estimated Removal Date Questions!

@Anonymouswrote:

Hey guys, so if you didn't know, when on Transunion's official site and disputing an account, it shows you the esimated removal date for each account.

For those of you familiar with this, how accurate is this? Does this mean Transunion will remove those accounts at that date? 

*I have a bunch of accounts 6-7 years old all coming off this year! Will have a perfectly clean slate..besides student loans haha.

Its very accurate, they schedule the removal typically at the 7 yr mark from the DoFD to stay within the laws max of 7.5 yrs from said DoFD. TU will allow an early exclusion up to 6 months in advance of the scheduled drop date at times so if you are inside this time limit give them a call and ask for a supervisor then ask the sup for the early exclusion on those accounts.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Its very accurate, they schedule the removal typically at the 7 yr mark from the DoFD to stay within the laws max of 7.5 yrs from said DoFD. TU will allow an early exclusion up to 6 months in advance of the scheduled drop date at times so if you are inside this time limit give them a call and ask for a supervisor then ask the sup for the early exclusion on those accounts.

Thanks for that answer man! Appreciate it a lot! Will call TU now! 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to get 2 negatives removed just last week from TU.  One was due to fall off in May the other June.   It took all ove 6.5 minutes.  Scores went up a few days later.   I'm even now pre-approved for a Discover It card (didn't take the offer, but it felt good).

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice man^

I just called TU but the agent said all he could do was dispute the accounts and request the early exclusion.

I did however call Experian! Experian closed 2/4 accounts for me due to fall off June/July. The lady was really nice. She then told me that I could call in June to have the last of my negative accounts removed! So as long as your 2-3 months from automatic deletion, Experian is pretty cool about early exclusion!

Feels good, Ill have a perfectly clean credit report in August! Its been 7 years lmfaoo!!!! I'm pretty excited. I hope my scores get a big boost, im ranging 550-580. Utilization under 10% and no lates! 

Definitely trying to get 1-3 really prime credit cards at the end of the year. That would really be great.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Exclusion may or may not involve removal of accounts.

It depends upon the type of adverse information that is up for exclusion, and whether the account remains in a current delinquency status, or whether the account has been paid and only prior payment history is up for exclusion.

What are the derogs reported under each account (e.g., monthly delinquencies, charge-off), and is the account currently paid or still in a delinquency status?

When a CRA is doing the exclusion, if the account is currently in good-standing, then they will normally only remove the past payment history derogs.  However, it the account also still has a current delinquency status as opposed to paid or pays as agreed, then they will normally exclude the entire account.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.