Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion Question

I have been trying to clean up my Transunion report lately and I have a question. If an account is being disputed is it not factored into the score? I'm asking because I faxed Transunion two collections removal letters from the CA and, instead of just removing them, they are in dispute while being validated. My score has not changed and I would have thought that removing all but one collection (if it's not being scored) would improve my score a little at least. I am finding Transunion very hard to work with when I call and really need their file cleaned up ASAP for mortgage approval. The CA said that they were flagged for removal but that it can take 4-6 weeks. Any advice on how to speed the process up?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Transunion Question

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been trying to clean up my Transunion report lately and I have a question. If an account is being disputed is it not factored into the score? I'm asking because I faxed Transunion two collections removal letters from the CA and, instead of just removing them, they are in dispute while being validated. My score has not changed and I would have thought that removing all but one collection (if it's not being scored) would improve my score a little at least. I am finding Transunion very hard to work with when I call and really need their file cleaned up ASAP for mortgage approval. The CA said that they were flagged for removal but that it can take 4-6 weeks. Any advice on how to speed the process up?

Thanks!!

Hi there.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), portions of an OC account under dispute will not be scored by FICO. Among these are the balance, the CL, and the payment history. Other items like AAoA, scoring bucket, mix of credit, acct age, etc. including CAs and PRs, are not removed or impacted by a dispute.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion Question

Thanks for your response. I guess that is good news because I thought having collections removed should have some impact on the score. Smiley Happy I guess I was shocked that when they received the letters I faxed in, they still didn't remove them and are doing the entire process. Unfortunately, Transunion is my middle score and is only 13 points away from where I need to be. Also have a few crazy student loans that I am trying to straighten out. They are reporting derog 10 months ago even though they are closed since 2007! These are my last resort items to pull the score up so the quicker I can accomplish this, the better.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.