cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion deleted ALL my negatives and forclosures early!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion deleted ALL my negatives and forclosures early!

I have the same situation and would love to know how you worded your letter as well.  Also - what is the "shopping cart trick"? I haven't come across that one yet. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome! Do you happen to have a template of the letter you sent requesting the early deletion? Or is this something you did by phone? I have three items set to fall off Aug, Sep, Nov and the later one has different dates reprting to TU and EX. I would love to give this tactic a shot.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed with TU online and just put that my reason was that all 3 bureaus were reporting different fall off dates, so how do we know which one is correct...so if they could just please be removed now. Some still had approximately 6 months left. I snail mailed EQ and did EX online. You choose "other" for the reason, but You cant go into alot of detail because online you only get a certain amount of words to explain. So it has to be simple and straightforward. As long as they have a brief explanation they will look into for you. The worst they say is No. Worth a try!
Message 12 of 17
tieton
New Contributor

Nice job! After reading your post and a few others about early TU deletes, I decided to give it a shot on an old, paid collection set to drop in Dec. I did exactly what you did this last Friday and it came back the next day "deleted." Still waiting to hear back from EX and EQ as well, not expecting great results but we will see. They both have been good to me off and on over the last few years with deletes, so I can't bust on them too hard. Smiley Wink

Starting Score (FICO): 420s (OUCH!) across the board. 2/2010 mortgage lender pull. Needless to say, didn't get approved.
Current Score (FICO 11/11/14): EX 709, EQ 696, TU 724
Goal Score: 720+ for EQ AND EX!
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you!

Message 14 of 17
tieton
New Contributor

Thank you very much!! I just checked my myfico TU score . . . 713 because of that drop off! I'm going to be sitting pretty good once that comes off the other 2.  My utlilization isn't even the best it could be either . . . about 12 or 13%.

Starting Score (FICO): 420s (OUCH!) across the board. 2/2010 mortgage lender pull. Needless to say, didn't get approved.
Current Score (FICO 11/11/14): EX 709, EQ 696, TU 724
Goal Score: 720+ for EQ AND EX!
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have to do a 30 day dispute and the bank never replied OR did you do it over the phone and TU just did it early?

Message 16 of 17
cem13
Established Contributor

One thing to keep in mind is that any account that is IIB does little damage to your score as the DFOD gets to the 6~7 year mark.  The IIB accounts are still used to calculate your AAoa.

So if your AAOA is less than 7 years, your score will take a hit once the IIBs age off..  The reason is that the 7 years for the IIB accounts ADDS to your AAoA.  If your AAoA is greater than 7 years, then you should not see a hit.  Most people do not have many accounts that survive a BK.  

I was very lucky to have my Electric Bill survive (25 years) and my re-habbed student loans took me up to 10 years AAoA after my BK7.  Now that I have 6 credit cards, 1 car loan and a mortgage; my AAoA took a hit by a year or so.  My score dropped about 3 points per every new account.  After one year, I gained those three points back as my AAoA increased.

Of course, YMMV.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.