Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion fast dispute resultes - 3 of 8

tag
vertekal
Regular Contributor

Re: Transunion fast dispute resultes - 3 of 8

>Yeah, TU is lighning fast for my online EE requests yesterday. I checked last night and they were deleted already.

I did one online, and it took them 2 days to remove it. Now that it's May, I have one more that I'm going to ask EE for... hopefully they get rid of that one just as fast.

FICO 8:
EQ: 1/2018: 494 | 4/2021: 652 (+158)
TU: 1/2018: 536 | 4/2021: 657 (+121)
EX: 1/2018: 499 | 4/2021: 641 (+142)

Mortgage Scores:
EQ: 9/2020: 560 | 4/2021: 648 (+88)
TU: 9/2020: 564 | 4/2021: 649 (+85)
EX: 9/2020: 576 | 4/2021: 672 (+96)

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

• My experience is TU is pretty liberal with deleting disputed items if they are older and small.  I also think there is a threshold for the $ amount.  Equifax will come back verified unless you ask for specific items to verify the debt.  Experian is a mix of the two.  I have one last dispute I am working on.   TU deleted the day the received it.  Equifax verified the day they received it and Experian actually us investigating as I asked.  These were all handwritten disputes via certified mail.   I just followed up with Equifax asking for a reinvestigation and listed specific items that I want provided to prove it is my collection.  I know for a fact they can't.

I also have been working on some of my sons collections. Two don't list an oc. TU deleted.  EQ and Ex verified but didn't provide the Oc. I mailed a follow up letter and now they are investigating. These collections vary in price from $300 to $500.  Mine were all under $200.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LoveGoodCredit wrote:

Thank you!!! I wonder what three collections will bump me up to, currently transunion is 547. 

I was in the 700's before all this happened.  

Hoping to be at least in the 600's. 

I don't think you will get a huge bump if you have 5 other collections. I would guess in the 10-25 point range. It is possible to get more if it was a derog/charge off that had a balance applying to your util.  Expect low so if it is higher it will be a nice surprise!  I got a 60 point bump when TU removed my last collection. One of my collections only gave me a 6 pt bump. Keep working on them, persistence pays! You will be in the 600's before you know it!

good luck!

Message 13 of 22
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Collections are all gone.  I will have 4 charge offs I gotta start working on.  Smiley Sad  Everything else is good payment history. 

Starting Score:
August Equifax 558 TU 600 EX 570
Current Score: Equifax FICO 642 TU FICO662 EX 651 (credit.com) 06/21/2013
Goal Score: 720 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yayyy good job!!  Keep it up, you can do it!

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LoveGoodCredit wrote:

I called this morning they were deletes Smiley Happy 

SO three deletes in first round. 

Now off to the executives at walmart, they responded saying they would help me.  We'll see. 

Can you please share what number you called? I have the exact same situation right now- disputed 4 items and within 1 day the status said that 3 of 4 were complete. I'd love to check and see if mine were deleted too!!

Message 16 of 22
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Yep 1 800-916-8800

Starting Score:
August Equifax 558 TU 600 EX 570
Current Score: Equifax FICO 642 TU FICO662 EX 651 (credit.com) 06/21/2013
Goal Score: 720 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed a bunch of student loan info on my credit reports. TU deleted 11 trade lines within an hour of filing the dispute, but I'm still waiting (9 days later) for the results of the other 11 trade lines I disputed. I was very surprised they could move that quickly on the deletions, especially since I disputed after 10:00pm!

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks much! I'm hoping to have the same luck. My 3 TL's in question were student loands with Direct Loans Servicing. I don't remember my loans ever being serviced with them. Called the number and it disconnects. Hopefully TU has shown me some love and deleted them!

@LoveGoodCredit wrote:
Yep 1 800-916-8800

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called and tried to get them to tell me the results of my 3 completed disputes and they wouldn't tell me anything because one is still under investigation. Argh!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.