Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion is my best score all of a sudden

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion is my best score all of a sudden

After taking a huge hit with an old collection resurfacing and capital one reporting my scores incorrectly I decided to check creditkarma. Transunion  is showing 0 collections!! yay!!  also my score is 663 gone up 1 pt since my last check in. At least 7 of my 14 inquiries are me shopping deals for a vehicle. Thinking maybe I could app with someone that takes transunion. I had High hopes of apping this month and then trading in my car in 6 months to upgrade. Equifax is showing 618 on CK. Also noting a 39pt drop. That is from the new (old) collection being added. there is already another collection there from verizon and a medical bill that shouldn't be there that has been disputed for the last three years. Experian is showing 625. its just very odd that transunion is my best bet right now because I used to get denied everything pulled only at transunion.

I have a serious desire to app for capital one at some point soon again. I have two cards from them already though. Not my dream card...I just have an itchy credit app finger lol.

7 REPLIES 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Transunion is my best score all of a sudden

It's your best Vantage score, nit necessarily your best Fico score. Before you go applying for a card, make sure that your Fico scores are in the right range for approval.
Message 2 of 8
DollyLama
Established Contributor

You can try the Credit Check Total trial for $1, and receive your reports and real FICO across all 3 bureaus. Just call in to cancel within a week.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
It's your best Vantage score, nit necessarily your best Fico score. Before you go applying for a card, make sure that your Fico scores are in the right range for approval.

Thanks, but I know. I am basing it off my CCT account, Myfico account and CreditKarma. I will be pulling my 3 scores from CCT after capital one corrects my reports.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DollyLama wrote:

You can try the Credit Check Total trial for $1, and receive your reports and real FICO across all 3 bureaus. Just call in to cancel within a week.

I will be cancelling as soon as my report can be pulled. Thanks for the reminder. Someone else mentioned this to me too and I completely forgot.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you can afford 15.00 then sing up for CCT and then cancel.  They will ask if they lower it to 15.00 if you will not cancel.  i think its a great deal seeing as Experian is updated daily and the other 2 refresh on the 27th.  Good deal for 15.00

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

if you can afford 15.00 then sing up for CCT and then cancel.  They will ask if they lower it to 15.00 if you will not cancel.  i think its a great deal seeing as Experian is updated daily and the other 2 refresh on the 27th.  Good deal for 15.00

That is the deal I have now. I think it is worth it every penny! CCT is my favorite. They give great detail. It has really helped me keep up with what is going on. If it was not for CCT it would take me forever to see if something was going on with my credit. It is probably the best $15.00 I spend every month!

I do want to see if that trick of cancelling works so that I can get two reports that pull all three scores every month.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update!! TU Shot Up To 684!!

I just have just just noticed that my TU score went up to 684 on Myfico. Not really sure what happened but Ehhh I will take it!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.