cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion is now suggesting I get a mortgage...

tag
AtmyOffice
Regular Contributor

Transunion is now suggesting I get a mortgage...

I've been working on credit building for a year or so. I lurk the boards pretty frequently. However my problems are mostly due to my astronomical debt, rather than actual baddies.

I was part of the class action for TUs True Credit, so I have access to my report there until November for free (I plan on moving to SW after that, but that belongs in another post)

Today I went in to see how everything's going, make sure everyone is reporting correctly (I'm in a DMP and my suggestion to those that plan on using one is keeping a close eye on every account, what creditors are reporting, balances, etc) In the explanation section, TU is helpfully suggesting that: There are not enough mortgage accounts on your credit report. [TransUnion] A healthy balance of credit and loan accounts is key to achieving a high credit score. It is important to build a record of responsible credit use over time with different types of accounts. Consider opening a new account to strengthen your credit report.

Very cute given the fact that I am TRYING to get a mortgage next year...

2/2011
Experian: 658
Equifax: 653
Transunion: 670
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Transunion is now suggesting I get a mortgage...

Ignore the advice and scores offered. They aren't FICO-related.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.