Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion needs more time?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion needs more time?

I went in to check on my disputed items with TU and got a message saying they need more time to verify some items. I thought they were under guidelines that it was a 30 day window? Has anyone else run into this in the past?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Transunion needs more time?

The FCRA sets a thirty day period for the CRA to conclude its reinvestigation.  The only permissible extension of that 30-day period is if the consumer submits additional information relevant to the dispute after its initial filing, which then extends the CRA's reinvestigation peirod to 45 days.  That is it.

The CRA then has up to 5 business days to mail their notice of results of reinvestigation.

The CRA must send it notice of results, concluding the dispute.

That was the primary intenet of congress in enacting the 30-day period.... to ensure consumers a prompt and set period for disposition.

They must make a decision based on the facts they have.  If they cannot update or verify the disputed information, then they must delete.

However, that is not a final act, as they can later verify or update once they have received additional information.

Deletion based on lack of verification is not absolute.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.