cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion phone number to understandable reps?!?

tag
jwright343
New Contributor

Transunion phone number to understandable reps?!?

I've called 2 different times to get my BK removed early.  It's supposed to come off in October, but I'm in right in the middle of home shopping.  The savings would be enormous obviously.  Both times, I've spoke to very hard to understand call reps from India, shocker!?!  They both read me they riot act about can't remove early blah blah.  It's only 2 months but I need it off yesterday!!!  Does anyone have a number to ENGLISH speaking AMERICAN reps.  So frustrating dealing with foreigners on the phone. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Transunion phone number to understandable reps?!?

Sounds like you are dialing the wrong number.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has happened to me...tons of times. Not with just calling CRAs but other companies as well. Anyways what I normally do when infind they are speaking too fast and the accent they have is making it harder for me to understand I politely ask to speak to a different person. They of course ask why and I tell them I can not understand what they are saying (not like that exactly, but along those lines). Sometimes in get transferred to another person with a heavy accent, and when that happens (hopefully in not already frustrated) I ask for a supervisor. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just ask for a supervisor and be done with it...

Message 4 of 6
NichelleN
Established Contributor

I dealt with exactly that when calling TransUnion. I was attempting to get a judgement removed early.

Without going into details, after also being read the riot act by the rep *and* a supervisor (in English Smiley Wink), I called back one final time. Each time they were a bit difficult to understand but this time I let the rep file a dispute for me as he suggested. This is the method used by TransUnion reps to process an early exclusion. He filed it and less than 24 hours later the judgement was gone. It was 6 months before it was scheduled to be removed.

Good luck.

More than enough credit.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had 10 things early excluded over the last 6 months. I have rarely had a problem. Remember you are asking these "foreigners" for a favor, the extra effort is on you, not them. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.