cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion site won't let me submt a dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion site won't let me submt a dispute?

I am trying to submit a dispute with Transunion online, following the link from their site here.

I am able to login as per usual, but when I click the 'SUBMIT DISPUTE' button it just takes me to a page with a blurb about Transunion's commitment to maintaining accuracy. No option to actually fill out a dispute form or anything. I've clicked around and can't find anywhere to do this.

Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

Re: Transunion site won't let me submt a dispute?

Renata the same thing happened to me and when I called TU they advised it was because there was already an opened onlline dispute.  You cannot have more than one online dispute.  However, I was able to call and submit my dispute that way.

Starting Score: 06/2011 505 EX 523 Lender Pulled
Current Score: 08/2011 628 EX 575 Lender Pulled
11/14/2011 TU 584

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
***Closed on my home 05/18/2012***

Message 2 of 16
laz98
Senior Contributor

i get that screen too, but i have not submitted a dispute in a very long time.  what the heck!

Message 3 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Just forget about the CRA entirely.

File your dispute directly with the party who furnished the disputed information to the CRA.  Your direct dispute wont be touched by the CRA, and will go directly to the party with whom you have the dispute.

Message 4 of 16
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

FYI guys, TU website was undergoing difficulty this weekend. I was in a similar boat with my TrueCredit membership -- I contacted tech support and they indicated that some storms knocked out a data center.

I bet if you try again Tuesday you will be fine.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Just forget about the CRA entirely.

File your dispute directly with the party who furnished the disputed information to the CRA.  Your direct dispute wont be touched by the CRA, and will go directly to the party with whom you have the dispute.

Confused here... I didn't mention what kind of a dispute I needed to make. Do you mean TU is just unresponsive to disputes in general?

I was hoping to correct some personal info via an online dispute. Should I not even bother trying?

Message 6 of 16
martinezk01
Established Member

Are you getting a page like this?

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l523/kmm737/ScreenShot2011-07-24at121933AM.png

If so, I've been getting this for a while. I've tried every computer in my house and my computer at work and I get the same issue. I can't go anywhere to submit my dispute. 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always make my CRA disputes by mail and never online.

The only problem I see using online disputes is that they will have up to 45 days to either verify the TL or delete.  If you do it by mail, then they only have 30 days.

I tend to be a bit more militant with my credit repair. :-)

Message 8 of 16
Booner72
Senior Contributor

HUH, I was on TU yesterday checking disputes and things went fine.  Maybe their fixed.  It was last evening aroud 7PM PST>

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 9 of 16
laz98
Senior Contributor

martinez:  yes, that's the screen i'm getting.  still having that problem as of today.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.