Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion.

I have been having problems with transunions score watch.  I tried to oreder my score from here and well I need to cal tomorrow to find out why it charged me and didn't provide a score or report.  So I went to transunion site to get my "fake" score from them.  They declined my only card and said I need to provide another cc in order to proceed.  I guess they don't like prepay cards, but its the only one i can get now.  I argued with them for an hour and finally the supervisor said  and I quote "We don't want to provide you with your credit score,  you consumers need to just quit checking"

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Transunion.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been having problems with transunions score watch.  I tried to oreder my score from here and well I need to cal tomorrow to find out why it charged me and didn't provide a score or report.  So I went to transunion site to get my "fake" score from them.  They declined my only card and said I need to provide another cc in order to proceed.  I guess they don't like prepay cards, but its the only one i can get now.  I argued with them for an hour and finally the supervisor said  and I quote "We don't want to provide you with your credit score,  you consumers need to just quit checking"

Wow....chalk one up for stellar CSR skills.

Know that ScoreWatch is an EQ product, and not TU. There is no ScoreWatch for TU.

If you tried to order EQ's SW from here, and experience an issue during the ordering, you might see a temporary transaction on your CC statement, but that goes away after a short period if the transaction was unsuccessful.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It might not have been called scorewatch specifically but it was transunion as I was on their site.  They did offer me a free report in the mail for my troubles.  I told them thanx but I need to my score.  That is what I was after.  I subsequently, signed up for a free trial of freecreditscore.com and got my 3 fake scores from them so I have something to go by as I start to repair my credit again since my divorce killed my 700 score I worked hard at getting.

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You had mentioned this site and I wasn't sure if the order was from here or not. TransUnion.com sells their TrueCredit product quite heavily. Maybe that was it. TrueCredit offers scores, but they are not FICO scores. Their FAKO score is called a VantageScore. Freecreditscore.com also offers scores, but their FAKO scores are called PLUS scores, but lenders don't use them.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i know they are FAKE scores. and tomorrow hopefully i can get my order with myfico squared away.

Message 5 of 7
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

I had trouble ordering Scorewatch from this site and Equifax.  It would show a pending transaction on my bank account for about 3 days and then it disappeared.  It never came out of my bank account.  I finally called Equifax and they said something about my file being too big and tried to sell me a one time 3 bureau report for $49 or something like that.  I told them to forget it, I didn't want to pay that much and I really wanted a monitoring service.  I ended up filing a dispute with them regarding that and some other issues that I had and was finally about to get my Equifax score from here and order Scorewatch this week.

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 6 of 7
kjm79
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

myFICO offers a quarterly monitoring service for the Transunion score.  And Scorewatch is for EQ.  The charge could just be pending at the moment and I'm sure it'll get worked out. 

Bad CSR from TU's Truecredit.  You should've told the CSR that you didn't want their useless score anyways. 

Honestly, save your money and don't buy FAKO's.  If you want FAKOs use creditkarma and creditsesame.  That will get you TU and EX FAKOS.  Save your money and put it into a secured credit card.  The scores directly from TU, EX, and EQ can be polar opposites of your REAL scores and can be heartbreaking to think you have  786 on EX's site to have a lender pull your true FICO and it's 680.  The reports are the only thing the other sites are good for.  The data only, scores are useless.  So is the advice offered.  EQ's website does sell the EQ FICO score, but make sure you are buying the FICO score.  If the word FICO isn't there, that's not what you want.  If it just says credit score, stay away from it. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.