Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion

tag
gglam12
Established Member

Transunion

I went to http://www.transunion.com/ and signed up to get my transunion score. Is this the correct place to get my score? They have it at 696 but my barclay card has my fico score at 674. Which score should I be going with? I don't mind paying for my score. Thanks for any help in advance.

Amex BCE 2K - BoA Cash Rewards 5K - Chase Freedom 3.5K - Chase Sapphire Preferred 5k -
Starting score: 643
Current score: 712 (11/22/13)
Goal score: 750+
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: Transunion

Although transunions score is true to them...it is not a fico score. hope this helps.
Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@gglam12 wrote:

I went to http://www.transunion.com/ and signed up to get my transunion score. Is this the correct place to get my score? They have it at 696 but my barclay card has my fico score at 674. Which score should I be going with? I don't mind paying for my score. Thanks for any help in advance.

The score from TUs site is not a FICO score and is not used by lenders.  The one from Barclay is a TU score but I believe it is a bankcard enhanced score.

Message 3 of 6
gglam12
Established Member

The bank I am working with for my business loan says they pull TU. So is that the score they will see when they pull my credit report?

Amex BCE 2K - BoA Cash Rewards 5K - Chase Freedom 3.5K - Chase Sapphire Preferred 5k -
Starting score: 643
Current score: 712 (11/22/13)
Goal score: 750+
Message 4 of 6
IamB2
Established Contributor

@gglam12 wrote:

The bank I am working with for my business loan says they pull TU. So is that the score they will see when they pull my credit report?

No it's not. They pull the data from trainsunion, but your score may be different from what you're seeing. You're looking at the TU (possibly) proprietary score... But as mentioned by others before me, it's not a FICO score.

this site sells the TU FICO score. But yet there are several "versions" of TU FICO Score too.. Confused yet?

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@gglam12 wrote:

You can ask them what model/version they use.  Not sure if they will disclose that.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.