Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial date tomorrow with CA - trying to avoid by setting up a payment plan

tag
Alpha123
Established Member

Trial date tomorrow with CA - trying to avoid by setting up a payment plan

Hello everyone. Tomorrow I have a trial date with a CA for a collection account I've continued several times in court so I'm finally at the end of my delay tactics. What is the best course of action? I'm planning on calling the CA today and setting up a payment plan. The total on the account is ~$4k. They will probably ask for $2k down and ask me to do monthly payments. Whiich I can do.

I'm trying to avoid going to court tomorrow. What's the best course of action? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Starting Score: 657
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Trial date tomorrow with CA - trying to avoid by setting up a payment plan

I would try to settle before the court date.

However, at this late date I would be inclined to still show up at the hearing and let the judge know a settlement has been reached.  You never know what they would try if you weren't there.

Just my opinion.

Message 2 of 7
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

However, at this late date I would be inclined to still show up at the hearing and let the judge know a settlement has been reached.  You never know what they would try if you weren't there.

Just my opinion.

I was thinking the same thing...

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

Just my opinion.

I was thinking the same thing...

Ya, not that I don't trust CAs or anything like that lol

Message 4 of 7
Alpha123
Established Member

Thanks all. So how should I approach the CA? Just call and ask them to set up a payment plan? I'm sure they will ask for my checking account number to do an automatic ACH payment or something. Is that advisable? What's the best way to transact a payment plan with a CA?

Starting Score: 657
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 7
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@Alpha123 wrote:
Thanks all. So how should I approach the CA? Just call and ask them to set up a payment plan? I'm sure they will ask for my checking account number to do an automatic ACH payment or something. Is that advisable? What's the best way to transact a payment plan with a CA?

It is rough because they have already had to spend a lot of money on this whole thing. Do you have any money that you can give them now? I would try to negotiate a settlement and as others have said I would appear at court unless you hear otherwise from the actual court officials which you won't in less than one day.

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Can you contact the attorney involved?  I would go that route instead of contacting the CA.

Personally, I don't like to give my banking information to anyone.   What about a pre-paid debit card?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.