Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tribute Card/Jefferson Capital Systems

tag
Mdchucker

Tribute Card/Jefferson Capital Systems

Hi Everybody!

I have been lurking here for awhile now and  have learned a ton! But, I have finally gotten to a point that I have confused myself and am requesting help from the forum guru's?

I had a Tribute MC that was opened in 03/08 and abruptly closed in 09/08 by the CC company. On my 2009 EQ report the TL is listed as "Pays as Agreed", and there is no DoFD. On my 2014 EQ report there is no Tribute TL, which I can only attribute to the late 2008 FTC ruling against their parent company.

Now here comes Jefferson Capital Systems. In Jan they sent me a settlement offer for the Tribute card. Here is where it gets most confusing/shady?

Jefferson has listed a TL on my 2014 EQ report claiming a DoFD 03/2010, a monthly payment amount of $25, an actual payment amount of $25, and is listing themselves as a Factoring Company.

Is JCS re-aging this debt?

How can they claim that I have made payments to them, when I have never paid them a thing?

Can they legally represent them selves as a Factoring Company?

I feel that there is a lot of things wrong with what they are reporting? Any advice on how I should proceed with them? They are the last unpaid item on my reports that I can see, and I would really like to get them out of my life Smiley Happy

Thanks for all the silent help everybody has already given me, and for all the future help!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Officer737
Established Contributor

Re: Tribute Card/Jefferson Capital Systems

My understanding of the 2008 ruling, Compucredit And Jeffereson Capital are required to stop all collections attempts and to remove the trade lines from the CRs but not sure which accounts that impacts.

Message 2 of 14
IWOL
Established Contributor

The Tribute card was included in the 2008 FTC ruling against Compu Credit.

i would send Jefferson a direct dispute citing the 2008 FTC order which stipulates that these accounts should not be reported to the CB,s and all collection activity should cease.

Send them a copy of the 4 or 5 relevant pages of the order.... You can find it by googling FTC order Compu Credit. Highlight the parts that stipulate the cards included and the action of no reporting and collection activity.

This worked quickly for me although my collection was with LVNV.

you may also want to file a BBB complaint at the same time also citing the FTC order.

Message 3 of 14
Mdchucker

Thank You for the rapid response!!!

I will get the ruling pulled down and give it a try.

I will report back with their response.

Message 4 of 14
Officer737
Established Contributor

@Mdchucker wrote:

Thank You for the rapid response!!!

I will get the ruling pulled down and give it a try.

I will report back with their response.

Just filed my complaints with the BBB in regards to my account with Imagine and will let you know how it turns out. 

Message 5 of 14
Mdchucker

If this works out as I hope it will, can Jefferson then turn around and sell the account to another CA?

Message 6 of 14
Officer737
Established Contributor

According to the FTC ruling they can't sell the account to another agency and basically has to eat it or face the FTC. From what I have read about it, every complaint so far has been removed without issue within a couple of weeks

Message 7 of 14
Mdchucker

Hi Officer737!

I am wondering if you heard anything back?

Message 8 of 14
Officer737
Established Contributor

Actually I did. Jefferson sent a reply back that my account was not part of the ruling but they are going to have it removed anyways and it will 30-60 days for the CR to update.

Message 9 of 14
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

@Officer737 wrote:

Actually I did. Jefferson sent a reply back that my account was not part of the ruling but they are going to have it removed anyways and it will 30-60 days for the CR to update.

I love how they lie right before telling you that they are deleting. Tribute is very clearly listed in the FTC ruling document. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.