cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tribute Chargeoff/Midland

tag
jb24370

Re: Tribute Chargeoff/Midland

When you say you called, was it midland you called or the CRA's? Just curious as I  sent this letter last  week and have not heard back from Midland. Should I call them?

Message 11 of 18
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

I called Midland. Took almost a month to get confirming letter from them

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
jb24370

Thanks for the follow up. A day after I posted my question they sent me a letter confirming deletion. I assume they're getting slammed with theses disputes so I was surprised they replied back so soon. I'll be sending copies of the letter to the CRA's.

Message 13 of 18
neptunejcw
Regular Contributor

Ok im a lil lost. What exactly should I do to get this Midland deleted off my credit report? Should I send Midland or the CRA a copy of that judgement?

Message 14 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 15 of 18
jb24370

My process was this:

1. Dispute with the CRA's

2. CRA's reported debt valid

3. Filed a claim with the FTC citing that midland is violating the ruling

4. Sent a copy of the ruling to Midland along with a letter stating that a FTC claim had been filed and if heard no response from them within 10 days of them receiving the letter  that a BBB claim would be filed. Letter was sent CMRR

5. Midland sent me a letter two weeks letter confirming that would delete the Tribute information from all credit reports.

YMMV as some people have just disputed with the CRA's and gotten it removed. My case was different.

Message 16 of 18
BearWebb85
Contributor

When you mailed Midland did you attach a letter to them as well?  If so would you mind sharing what you said to them?  Thanks Smiley Happy

Start: (4-21-13): EQ 560 (FAKO) TU 544 (FAKO) EX 549 (FAKO)
Current: (8-27-13): EQ 650 (FICO) TU 677 (FICO) EX 643 (FICO)
1st Goal: Purchase my first home (Done on 9/3/13)
2nd Goal: 700 across the board
Message 17 of 18
neptunejcw
Regular Contributor

It worked for me, thanks for the info. Finally got Midland off my TU credit report. Also I saw a 10 point increase too Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.