Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tribute MC then to Midland then to P&P

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tribute MC then to Midland then to P&P

Hi everyone,
I need some immediate help! I've heard awful things regarding Pressler and Pressler (collection agency that doesnt play by the rules). I called Midland to see what it was reporting on my credit card. I was told it was an old Tribute MC (has to be over 7 years and thats past my SOL). I was told not to even deal with Pressler and Pressler, then already sent a threatening letter to my home saying their gonna file a judgement. I tried to contact Tribute, no one spoke english and I was told that my account isn't even in the system. I tried Midland, was told they just sold the account to P&P and can no longer help me. Any advice?
My balance on my CR was originally $801 and now $919. Last reported by Midland was 9/21/10.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tribute MC then to Midland then to P&P

pulll your reports from www.annualcreditreport.com for free from all 3 bureaus.  From there find this account and list the details.  We need the DoFD and more details on this account. 

What state are you in? 

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in New Jersey. I just called the court where the judgement was suppose to be filled and was told nothing has been filed as of yet. I know this agency freezes bank accounts and garnish wages without notice. I'm trying to see what I can do "before" all of the drama Man Sad I'm going to pull my report from all three now.

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in New Jersey. I just called the court where the judgement was suppose to be filled and was told nothing has been filed as of yet. I know this agency freezes bank accounts and garnish wages without notice. I'm trying to see what I can do "before" all of the drama Man Sad I'm going to pull my report from all three now.

I don't think anyone has the authority to freeze your bank accounts except for Government and your own bank.

and if they are passed legal timeframe to collect they won't be able to obtain judgement either I don't think.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

B.S.  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A debt collector cannot freeze bank acounts or garnish wages unless under a prior court order.

Being the USA, you have a right to present your case in court priior to any legal judgemt by s court.

CAs dont "file a judgment."  They file notice to you of legal action, and then you defend yourself in court.

Only the court renders "judgment."

Tell  us two things.  One, what are the dates of delinquency on the account for which they are treatening bansishment to a gulag archepelago, and , two, what is your state statute of limitations?

If your state SOL has expiired, then let them take you to court.  You then have an obolute grounds for dismissl. Bang!   Gavel down!  Case dismissed.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks RobertEG! For some reason, this Agency gets away with it. Take a look at this: http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/pressler-and-pressler-c47053.html

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275528

Here's what's showing on my CR. The SOL in NJ is 7 years.

Collection account. $709 past due as of Sep 2010.

Status Details:
This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jun 2014.
This item was verified and updated on Apr 2010.

Date Opened:
05/2008
Date of Status:
12/2007
Reported Since:
12/2007
Last Reported Date:
09/2010

Type:
Installment
Terms:
1 Months 
Monthly Payment:
$0
Responsibility:
Individual 

Credit Limit:
$727
High Balance:
N/A 
Recent Balance:
$709
Recent Payment:
$0

Account History:

Collection as of Jul 2010 to Sep 2010, Feb 2010 to May 2010, Jul 2009 to Sep 2009, May 2009, Mar 2009, Feb 2009, Dec 2008, Aug 2008 to Nov 2008, Dec 2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.