cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to change numerous accounts to IIB, and they came back verified AND dropped my score!

tag
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

Tried to change numerous accounts to IIB, and they came back verified AND dropped my score!

I filed for Chap 7 on 6-9 and went through all 3 credit bureaus to dispute accounts that should be iib. Experian immediately changed everything, haven't heard back from TU yet, but EQUIFAX had 10 accounts come back yesterday, VERIFIED as charge offs, and subsequently my score dropped 31 points. I had just gained 33 points last week when one account went IIB. I am majorly T-O'd! I am sick about all of the score loss because of these accounts coming back verified as charge offs, because now they are re-dated as current instead of 3 years old. I just wanted to cry when I saw the score loss.

Why did this happen, and will I get these points back when these companies finally get the paperwork that all of these accounts are IIB? If experian changed everything immediately, why didn't Equifax? I mean, Chap 7 is listed on my credit report for pete's sake!

If anyone has any experience with this particular thing, I'd love to hear from you! Thanks!

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Tried to change numerous accounts to IIB, and they came back verified AND dropped my score!

Don't you have some sort of legal document stating what was and was not IIB??  I have never been through it, but it seems there must be some sort of court doc stating this.  I'd say a copy of that doc to TU & EQ would give them the proof they need.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.