Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trimerge report versus Individual

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trimerge report versus Individual

I have a collection showing on all three credit reports when my loan officer pulled my report. Its for $1590, which I sent a letter to the CA president for PFD on. My question is when I pulled my transunion and equifax reports here at myfico that collection is not listed. The Account went into collection in 2006 and they last updated DEC 2009.

Two questions- Can they keep updating even though no new info is available? I didnt contact them yet as far as they know, and they did not contact me in a long time.

If this doesnt show up as a collection account on myfico reports , is this factored into my current score or no? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trimerge report versus Individual

I am experiencing the same thing right now.  Is your trimerge report from freecreditreport.com?  I don't know whether to be suspicious of my most recent TU and EQ reports, or be glad that the collection isn't there anymore.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No my tri merge was pulled from UCS by my mortgage guy.
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes they can.  If the CA has contracted collection authority from the OC, or if they have purchased the entire debt from the OC, they can report at any time the debt that remains unpaid.

They can choose to report to no one, to only one CRA, or to two or three,  Their option. Any time.

Dont look at it as reporting of an "account."  It is really the reporting of a derog.

You, as a consumer, have only one legal "account," and that is with the original creditor (OC).

If an OC places a debt with a collection agency, then that gives the CA the right to post a totally different "account" with the CRA.

This is referred to as a CA account.  It is strickly between the CA and CRA, and not an account with you.  All a CA can report is the date the collection was intitiated, and then monthly updates of its status as unpaid, paid in part, paid in full, or deleted.  That is what they update.  They can update NO information in your OC account, which is stored in a toally separate section of your credit file.  What they "update" really has no significance to FICO scoring, period.  FICO uses only the posting of the CA itself in scoring.

If it is not in your credit file, it cannot be scored by FICO.  That is where FICO derives all of its scoring data.

But the CA can add it at any time if a legit collection with unpaid debt. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.