cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble gathering account numbers for DV letters...

tag
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

Trouble gathering account numbers for DV letters...

I went looking through my Experian CR and I found a lot of baddies that I want to DV(I have the money to PIF),  but all account numbers read as (ex. 1234XXXX). I assume I would need the full account number to get this done. Should I call the CA's to get the numbers? Most of these collections are from 2007 (within TX SOL). I also have about 10 baddies from 2004-2006 (though some of them seem to be duplicates) that I want to let fall off.  I am so frustrated because my EQ and TU scores are 635 and 655 respectively, but my EX is 550! I am so discouraged right now. This credit rebuilding is a freaking nightmare. It always feels like "one step forward, two steps back." I thought I was doing good, pulled EX and my whole world turned upside down. Smiley Sad

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Trouble gathering account numbers for DV letters...

Message 2 of 6
mauve
Valued Contributor

YOu don't need the full account number to DV.  Just use the ###XXX that's listed.   They'll figure it out.  They might ask you for more info, but I wouldnt' give it to them.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

@guiness - Yes, it was from experian.com

@mauve - I have a some duplicate collections from NCO, would they know if they put it on my report twice? Thanks for letting me know they could still identify my tradelines with those numbers.

Last question(s): Should I let the 2004-2006 collections "fall off" or try to PIF? Should I just try to tackle the collections that are within SOL that I can PIF? My total debt from collections/CO's is about 6K. I have 2K to play around with and I want to get the most out of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 6
mauve
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Make 100% sure it is an exact duplicate then dispute with the CRA.

If they're NCO, I would first DV them.  I had 2 from them for different OCs and they all went away with DVs (past the 30 days).  I've seen a number of board members have this happen with NCO.  Write to them at 507 Prudential in Horsham, PA.  I don't remember the zip code, but I've typed out that address SO MANY times that I have it in my brain now. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.