Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble getting PFD, Chase sent to collector, not taking payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trouble getting PFD, Chase sent to collector, not taking payment

whats the logic behind not paying or settling before Mortage pull? Thats something interesting and i would like to know .

Thanks!

Regards 

Starting Score: EQ: 576 - TU: 632 - EX: 615 - 12/20/2014
Current Score: EQ: 635 - TU: 662 - EX: 619
Goal Score: EQ: 700 - TU: 700 - EX: 700

Message 11 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It depends upon the requirements of the mortgage lendor relating to presence of unpaid, delinquent debt.

Some may require satisfaction of any unpaid delinquent debt as a precondition for loan approval.  In that case, the effect on your score becomes secondary.

The logic, if there is any, in waiting is to see what your lendor will require.

A preliminary consultation with them would be advisable.  If you know it must be paid, wating for your lendor to instruct you as such may leave no time to pursue a PFD.

Pursuing a PFD now would, if suxcxcessful, obviate the problem.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

It depends upon the requirements of the mortgage lendor relating to presence of unpaid, delinquent debt.

Some may require satisfaction of any unpaid delinquent debt as a precondition for loan approval.  In that case, the effect on your score becomes secondary.

The logic, if there is any, in waiting is to see what your lendor will require.

A preliminary consultation with them would be advisable.  If you know it must be paid, wating for your lendor to instruct you as such may leave no time to pursue a PFD.

Pursuing a PFD now would, if suxcxcessful, obviate the problem.

That's exactly what my mortgage company did way back when.  They never even brought up scores but absolutely insisted that either i pay off a couple delinquent debts or they would as part of the mortgage approval.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.