Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble in credit paradise :( **UPDATE with letter**

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Trouble in credit paradise :(

@DoroLucky wrote:
I agree with everything you and EVERYONE have said, I value your opinions. However, I realize I am reaching and want an easier way out. If I can settle, I will do that. If not, I will pay the full amount. You never ask, you never know...so I asked about the possibility of a settlement and they asked HOW MUCH. Now can you help me decide how much or not?? LOL

Trust me, I will give in when my back is against the wall but it is not at the moment LOL.

you're the boss applesauce -  33% > 66% and then whatever lol. I think I am projecting here, credit is not a game to me; if it goes south there can be serious ramifications.  I for one will never take the gift of freedom it affords for granted again.  If all of a sudden they want to mess you up they can.  settle it as fast as you can.

Message 31 of 38
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@omfgpart2 wrote:

@DoroLucky wrote:
I agree with everything you and EVERYONE have said, I value your opinions. However, I realize I am reaching and want an easier way out. If I can settle, I will do that. If not, I will pay the full amount. You never ask, you never know...so I asked about the possibility of a settlement and they asked HOW MUCH. Now can you help me decide how much or not?? LOL

Trust me, I will give in when my back is against the wall but it is not at the moment LOL.

you're the boss applesauce -  33% > 66% and then whatever lol. I think I am projecting here, credit is not a game to me; if it goes south there can be serious ramifications.  I for one will never take the gift of freedom it affords for granted again.  If all of a sudden they want to mess you up they can.  settle it as fast as you can.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy I'm dying over here LOL

Smiley FrustratedYikes you want me to give them a RANGE??? What if they chose the high end (rhetorical)? Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

Wait is that how settlement usually works (a range and not a specific amount)? Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Trust me, if they don't want to settle, the full amount will be paid by next Friday. However, if I can settle...why not? Smiley TongueSmiley Wink

And of course the agreement will include that it stays OFF my reports.

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 32 of 38
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@DoroLucky wrote:

@omfgpart2 wrote:

@DoroLucky wrote:

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy I'm dying over here LOL

Smiley FrustratedYikes you want me to give them a RANGE??? What if they chose the high end (rhetorical)? Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

Wait is that how settlement usually works (a range and not a specific amount)? Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Trust me, if they don't want to settle, the full amount will be paid by next Friday. However, if I can settle...why not? Smiley TongueSmiley Wink

And of course the agreement will include that it stays OFF my reports.

good grief - offer them somewhere between 1/3 and 2/3 of the total amount and see what they come back with. don't give them some insulting $ # - you do owe them the  $ and they are being nice enough to work with you on this.  just get it done already.  you really do have one of the nicest card assortments I have seen, just trying to be true to myself and stay away from here lol

Message 33 of 38
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@omfgpart2 wrote:

good grief - offer them somewhere between 1/3 and 2/3 of the total amount and see what they come back with. don't give them some insulting $ # - you do owe them the  $ and they are being nice enough to work with you on this.  just get it done already.  you really do have one of the nicest card assortments I have seen, just trying to be true to myself and stay away from here lol

OKAY OKAY I heard you Smiley Sad , I'll be back LOL 

TCL= $172,800
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry, but you have $100k in available credit and you are complaining about paying a $1000 debt you admit you owe?  Why?  It is so frustrating to see things like this when so many of us are trying to do the right thing and pay off our previous debt to even get close to having what you already have.  

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would make sure that you do not go 600 more than forgiveable debt because that could give you a statement (1099-C) for the debt forgiven. And than you are looking at paying more taxes. So it is up to you, do the math and have 599 forgiven debt....I did it to pay my collection accounts, only allowed 599 forgiven debt LOL

Message 36 of 38
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry, but you have $100k in available credit and you are complaining about paying a $1000 debt you admit you owe?  Why?  It is so frustrating to see things like this when so many of us are trying to do the right thing and pay off our previous debt to even get close to having what you already have.  

YES I am. Because? When the debt was created I was told by the hospital that I did not have to pay. They would assist me because I did not have a job, insurance, or steady income at the time. By the time I attempted to go through their process to get it taken care of, I did not have the paperwork to back up my claim (I lost it, MY FAULT) and they did not have it either. Instead of fighting it then, I focused on getting a job and addressing other issues going on in my life at that time and let it go to collections (which again is my fault). I can probably still fight it, however it's not worth the headache so I will just pay it and move on. However, if I can settle it...I will do that.

Further, they DID NOT treat my issue. All they did was a blood test, make me sit there for hours, gave me pain killers and sent me home with a fat a$$ bill. Since then, I spent THOUSANDS of dollars to find out what was/is wrong with me. 

Me having $100K in credit (somebody else's money) now has nothing to do with my situation back then. I am where I am in my credit journey because I WORKED hard and PAID my debts to get my credit where it is today (thanks to this forum). FYI (and not that I feel the need to explain anything to you)....there were other debts from back then that I have PAID. This one I don't feel 100% responsible for because I was told I'd get financial assistance and the hospital did not deliver. 

Anyway, I'm sorry you feel that way. 

TCL= $172,800

Message 37 of 38
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would make sure that you do not go 600 more than forgiveable debt because that could give you a statement (1099-C) for the debt forgiven. And than you are looking at paying more taxes. So it is up to you, do the math and have 599 forgiven debt....I did it to pay my collection accounts, only allowed 599 forgiven debt LOL

Okay, thanks LOL

TCL= $172,800

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.