Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Verizon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trouble with Verizon

I'm not too familiar with the credit system, but recently found out through Credit Karma that my credit history has taken a big hit due to a Verizon charge. 

I was a subscriber of Verizon Wireless from Aug 2013 to Jul 2015. In Jul 2015, I moved to the UK and hence ported my number to a different account and closed my account by calling Verizon. 

Upon checking my Credit Karma, I saw that there was a derogatory charge on both TransUnion & Equifax from my Verizon account being sent for collection. This was an early termination charge as well as a balance of the remainder of July. 

I was quite unaware of these charges and would obviously have paid these off had I known about them.

I am now trying to figure out what to do. I will be moving back to the US and will also be buying a house, so this is really important to me.

What can I do to rectify the situation and ideally have this taken off my creidt history?

Many thanks for your help! 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trouble with Verizon

You can contact Verizon ask if they will pull the collection back from the CA and agree to a PFD offer.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just settled with Verizon and the good news is that if you dispute how it's reporting (which you can do because they make it appear like it's both a charge off and an open account with a late payment every month!) they will update it to show that it's been paid, has a zero balance, with no historical data. I settled with them and it helped my score since before that it looked like I had a late every month even though the account was charged off a few years ago. They had zero interest in a PFD but it didn't matter in the end because now it's just a paid account, no derog.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This SAME thing happened to me they told me that I WOULD NOT be charged a ETF but obv i was!! I don't know how to pay $960 of debt w/ them.... UGHHH

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.