Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True Credit monitoring & scores?

tag
gottastartsometime
Valued Member

True Credit monitoring & scores?

Does anybody use TrueCredit for score monitoring? I was curious as to how accurate the info on there was. I purchased my 3 bureau report with scores and I have to say, I was quite surprised by my scores! I pulled my reports through the annual report on 3/18 and my highest score was a whoppin' 543. I just pulled from TrueCredit and it shows:

Transuion at 615
Experian at 616
Equifax at 611
Can this be right? Credit karma had my score at 543 this morning...I would love to think that I'm up in the 600's but I highly doubt it! Is this possible??
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

Re: True Credit monitoring & scores?

@gottastartsometime wrote:

Does anybody use TrueCredit for score monitoring? I was curious as to how accurate the info on there was. I purchased my 3 bureau report with scores and I have to say, I was quite surprised by my scores! I pulled my reports through the annual report on 3/18 and my highest score was a whoppin' 543. I just pulled from TrueCredit and it shows:

Transuion at 615
Experian at 616
Equifax at 611
Can this be right? Credit karma had my score at 543 this morning...I would love to think that I'm up in the 600's but I highly doubt it! Is this possible??

I subscribe to True Credit, but only for TU.  There is something funky going on with my EQ credit report that won't allow me to add it to the 3 bureau credit report or purchase Score Watch or anything like that.  I have found that the FAKO scores on True Credit (at least in my case) are about 50 points higher than my FICO scores (at least when I was able to get 3 bureau monitoring).  My TU score on KC is exactly the same as my TU FAKO on True Credit.  

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 2 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I used their monitoring service for a while and never had any issues with it. I would ignore their scores though, they can't be correlated back to FICO® scores.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@gottastartsometime wrote:

Transuion at 615
Experian at 616
Equifax at 611

system = awesome. I love TrueCredit, the alerts, the daily TU pulls, ect ect..

scores = fako and garbage

right now my TU score is 845.. LOL riiiiiiiiiiiightttttt

If you are low 600s on TrueCredit, your actual FICOs are probably more like, 500-550, from personal experience.. however, it obviously depends on you.. but those scores, as with any scores that aren't FICO branded (and in some peoples opinion, even the TU Fico on this site) are worthless..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 6
marty56
Super Contributor

I have been using true credit for a few years and at $9.95 a month it is a great deal.  Ilike it shows that reporting date which helps in controlling report uti.  They provide Vantage scores which are the only used FAKO scores I know about.  Ignore the comments on how to improve your score from them.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 6
TBOY012
Valued Member

Ive been using truecredit for about 4-5 months now and before I came to myfico, I thought the score on TC was the real score. Needless to say I was kicking myself

when I was denied credit and saw what my real score was (almost 50-60 pts difference).

I still use them for the ease of navigation on the website but will shortly be canceling them since I now applied for EIDT (Eliminate ID Theft). They let me pull all 3 reports

everyday vs the pull only from TU, although EIDT is powered by TU. They also give you the generic scores would I would have to say is actually pretty close to what my

actually fico scores are on TU, (other two are off).

2 Things to keep in mind,

1.) EIDT is 12.95 a month and it takes a few days to get username and password

2.) The log-in process is a pita, but  you can make work arounds to make the process easier

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.