EX: 5 | TU: 8 | EQ: 7
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trusting OC to 'recall debt' - Medical

@Anonymous wrote:

@lamplight2012 wrote:

Hello, all.

I called the OC Collection Department & paid off 4 medical collections(totaling $61); They insisted it'd be removed from credit reports, but not having anything in writing is so unsettling. 

Anyone else have problems believing that it'd be removed?

i have done this with 3 OC's.

you get  feel how people are while talking to them, i had one that swore they would get it deleted, but something just didnt seem right, asked them for a simple email saying so, and well im still waiting for that email, i simply moved them to the last on my list to get settled is all. 

Oral agreements are fully enforceable under the law.... One need only record the call.

Message 12 of 13
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

Re: Trusting OC to 'recall debt' - Medical

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lamplight2012 wrote:

Hello, all.

I called the OC Collection Department & paid off 4 medical collections(totaling $61); They insisted it'd be removed from credit reports, but not having anything in writing is so unsettling. 

Anyone else have problems believing that it'd be removed?

i have done this with 3 OC's.

you get  feel how people are while talking to them, i had one that swore they would get it deleted, but something just didnt seem right, asked them for a simple email saying so, and well im still waiting for that email, i simply moved them to the last on my list to get settled is all. 

Oral agreements are fully enforceable under the law.... One need only record the call.

That's interesting. The good thing is I was on my work phone & all calls are recorded. I can pull the recording if needed.

Experian: 693 | Transunion: 700 | Equifax: 690 | Utilization 4 %

EX: 5 | TU: 8 | EQ: 7
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.