cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying the GW deletion saturation method for a paid collection to Stellar Recovery Inc.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying the GW deletion saturation method for a paid collection to Stellar Recovery Inc.

Hello all!!

I've been advised by several members to try and have collection account that I paid in Feb. 2016 deleted using the GW saturation method. I have a few questions regarding the GW letters that I will send:

1) I noticed that 2 of the 3 physical addresses are located in Jacksonville, FL. 1 of the addresses is in Kalispell, MT. Should I send a letter to ALL of the addresses I've found?

2) The account number for my paid collection is NOT listed on my credit report. Not on Transunion, Experian, or Equifax. I feel like I would need that number to produce a GW  letter that might work. Any advice?

3) I settled the account for less than the full balance. Will this hurt my chances of receiveing a deletion?

Below, I've copied and pasted the info from the collecton from Myfico...

Collection 1 of 3

Collection Agency
079YC00071
Stellar Rec
Stellar Recovery Inc
Original Lender
Comcast
11 Comcast
Comcast
Original Balance
$482
$482
$482
Current Balance
$0
$0
-
Status
Paid
Payment after charge off/collection
Account legally paid in full for less than the full balance
Date Assigned
May 03, 2014
May 03, 2014
May 03, 2014
Account Number
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
Account Holder
Individual
Individual
Individual
Description
Account paid for less than full balance

Settled-less than full balance

-

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!

P.S. I also have a collection from Penn Credit that I PIF. I'm planning a sending as many GW letters as possible to them as well

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Trying the GW deletion saturation method for a paid collection to Stellar Recovery Inc.

When you paid did you get a confirmation letter/email?  If so you can use that to reference the account, if you know the account number of the original creditor you can use that as well (and specify that is is the original account number).

I do believe you are supposed to send the letters out to as many addresses as you can find, so if the MT one is in fact for Stellar Recovery then you should use it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.