Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Rebuild Credit to start a Family

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to Rebuild Credit to start a Family

Hello everyone, Im new to the site and am enjoying reading all the post and responses. I'm in the same situation as Mr. Wyatt. I started building my credit in 2004 and was doing really well until 2008. I lost my job and the collectors started calling but sept of last year I went back to work and finally have enough money to pay off all this debt. i guess my question is, how to go about paying it off so it could be removed from the credit report. The two i've paid off are still on there with a zero balance. Is there anyway to get them removed. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Trying to Rebuild Credit to start a Family

If they are paid, write goodwill letters to whomever had the accounts.
Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone, Im new to the site and am enjoying reading all the post and responses. I'm in the same situation as Mr. Wyatt. I started building my credit in 2004 and was doing really well until 2008. I lost my job and the collectors started calling but sept of last year I went back to work and finally have enough money to pay off all this debt. i guess my question is, how to go about paying it off so it could be removed from the credit report. The two i've paid off are still on there with a zero balance. Is there anyway to get them removed. Thanks

I would always send a DV letter to the CA reporting first.  If they validate, send a PFD.

For the ones paid you will need to send GW letters.

Don't send the DV letters if you can't pay in full.  They could end up suing you.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's all the abbreviations stand for? I'm new to all this and tying to figure everything out

Message 4 of 6
jesirose

Not to be a smartass, but the link to common abbreviations is in his signature, right under where he used them.

March 2011: EFX: 564 | XPN: 546 | TU: 602
Goal: 700+
Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

What's all the abbreviations stand for? I'm new to all this and tying to figure everything out

Smiley Happy  All those can be very confusing. Here is a list of Abbreviations.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.