cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Rebuild Credit

tag
mountaingirl23

Re: Trying to Rebuild Credit

I do pay my credit cards on time, and have been since opened three years ago. 

I do want to know, has anyone used Springleaf Financial (used to be American General Finance).  I received information from them on getting an installment loan, in which they report to all three credit bureaus to help build credit, has anyone used them? Or have any feedback on the business? I've been reading reviews, and some seemed mix, plus I'm always speptical of installment loans that are not direct from a bank or cu.

Message 11 of 12
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

Re: Trying to Rebuild Credit

What is the util on your two cards? If it's high I would try to pay those down as quick and as much as possible. Also maybe get a secured card that will graduate like BofA. I would also GW that repo since it's showing a zero balance. 

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.