Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Rebuild

tag
serenevoice
Established Member

Trying to Rebuild

Hi

I am trying my best to rebuild my credit, I need to know if any one have any suggestions in regards to how many secure cards/ credit lines need to be open.  I have cleared most collections

3/1/15            EQ-535/TU-518/EX-488

Fingerhut Freshstart $230/ Montgomery Ward $125/Crown Jewelers $2500/Merrick Bank Secured $200 (open 2/2015)/First Progess Secured $300(open 3/2015)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to Rebuild

@serenevoice wrote:

Hi

I am trying my best to rebuild my credit, I need to know if any one have any suggestions in regards to how many secure cards/ credit lines need to be open.  I have cleared most collections

Fingerhut Freshstart $230/ Montgomery Ward $125/Crown Jewelers $2500/Merrick Bank Secured $200 (open 2/2015)/First Progess Secured $300(open 3/2015)

2 secured cards should be enough, and maybe a store card like target if you okay with low CL. i worked my way into a Chase Freedom and Sallie Mae from 2 secured cards. 

Message 2 of 9
serenevoice
Established Member

thanks

Message 3 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You actually want 3 revolving bankcards and 1 store card, this is the minimum recommendation, they can be secured or unsecured cards. I might try for a Cap-1 unsecured if you have not had a CO with them in the last year. Good luck in your credit rebuild Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
serenevoice
Established Member

I have 2 secured now, looking to get 1 more and a store card, but an not sure who will give me a card with my low scores. Any recommendations?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One secured, BofA Secured (Grrr), SDFCU secured, DCU secured, NASAFCU secured, PenFedCU secured, NFCU (if you can get in) secured....

Message 6 of 9
serenevoice
Established Member

Now I looking for a store card and one more secure card to rebuild my credit with, any recommendations?
Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@serenevoice wrote:
Now I looking for a store card and one more secure card to rebuild my credit with, any recommendations?

There is no such thing as a secured store card, it is not necessary to obtain this card until you have some history on your secured bankcards as you will have to qualify for one. You want 3-6 months of reported history prior to apping for a store card or trying to use the Shopiing Cart Trick with Comenity cards.

Message 8 of 9
serenevoice
Established Member

You misunderstood what I said. I was replying to someone else in regards to looking for a store card and a secured card. I am very aware that there is not a secured store card.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.