Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Remove & Rebuild

tag
mzicare
Established Member

Trying to Remove & Rebuild

Hello everyone,

I'm here looking for a place to start. I am 25 years old with an embarrasing credit score and will frequently visit the community for assistance on how to get my credit score to truly represent my financial awareness. I am not a victim or anything like that but unfortunately I didn't make the most wise decisions when i was younger and allowed family members to utilize my credit to help our financial situation until 2 years ago. Though I regret it I just want to move forward and start working towards my goal of being financially stable. So my question is which product here on MyFico would be the best option for getting my scores and a real representation of my credit report? I thought about the Suze Orman FICO kit but wanted to be sure.

Thank you in advance for all of your help!!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Trying to Remove & Rebuild

Greetings mzicare!

When it comes to which product is best, I guess it all depends on your personal situation.

If you're in the midst of paying down your debt & have a goal of getting a better card within a year & want to monitor your situation as time goes by, then the score watch for EQ is a good one.  It's about $15 each mo.  You start out with 2 reports (one now & another for later).  If you want to purchase more you get 30% off each report.  $13 & change rather than $19.95.  As mentioned, this product is only good for EQ

The Suze product is also a good one since you can use the 3 reports as all from TU, or EQ or a mix of the 2, but you don't get the discount after her 3 reports have been used.

The TU quarterly monitoring is pretty good too, but you don't get the alerts like you do with the score watch product.

After taking a closer look, it says that the quarterly monitoring gives you 20% off subsequent purchases of the TU report & score.  I'll have to check & see why mine are always $19.95 ....Smiley Mad  Maybe it's something that was added after I purchased my product & isn't applicable to me.  Hmmmmmm

Anywho...bottom line, it's all about you, what you're looking to do & how much you want to spend.  If you only want to see where you are right now...get one of each for just under $40 & call it good til around Christmas...then treat yourself with a fresh report & FICO.

I'm sure you already know, but all the info is here ---> FICO Products

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 6
mzicare
Established Member

Thank you for the additional information. I decided to go with the Suze Orman product and discovered that I've dropped to a horrible 459 Smiley Sad smh. I'll be posting another message with the details of my report for some additional insight as to where I should start.

Message 3 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Don't fret over the 459....onward & upward!

When I began my repair journey I had a 503, I believe.  I had 13 negative accts & 2 good ones.  Oh yes, I had quite a mess to clean up.  Time and determination won out.

We're all here to help you, so go ahead & spill the dirt.  We've seen it & been through it all.  Believe me!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 6
mzicare
Established Member

BungalowMo how long did it take you to get back into the mid 600s?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bungalow is right.  Once you get the hang of it you can tackle any baddie.  It took me a little over a year to get here but I am still not done, mainly through PIF and GW.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.