Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to build up wife's fico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to build up wife's fico

Hello all. Married about a year ago to foreign national. Almost immediately upon her entry to us I made her an AU to my cap 1 QS 14k a year later still no credit history and I'm almost positive it has been reporting. Cap 1 is now almost maxed I used a BT for college costs and cancelled her as AU. Put her on my oldest acct we platinum 3.5k and she opened a credit union acct enrolling in a credit building loan hopefully we'll see some kind of movement. Wondering if anybody has any other recommendations or past experiences that would help thx
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to build up wife's fico

personal loan in her name, sign her up for a secured credit card. 

Message 2 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Does she have a ssn? If not that could be the problem.

Message 3 of 8
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

There's a company called Selflender that you can actually buy a installment loan for a 12 month period as well
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

She does have an SSN. For several months now and while trying to make a CL profile it says info cannot be found and same for Macy's cc
Message 5 of 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Did you update the creditor's with her social security number?  I have heard of a few others on here having this problem.  You may try searching the forums to see how they resolved this.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago was the Credit Building Loan established ( basically same product Self-Lender pitches @ Joecool)...it generally takes 6 months (7-8 to be safe) of history before FICO produces a Risk score for an non known entity

The OP says DW has had a SSN for 'several months', likely not enough yet for FICO's initial scoring...this is NORMAL..not a big deal at this point, the not found is common based upon her newness...

The Cap-1 probably didn't attach to anything because there wasn't anything to attach to but the CB loan should do the trick, I also like the secured CC idea many, many ppl have gone that route and within months been over the moon

Good Luck
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx all! Paid first installment of loan last week. Will give it a few mos
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.