cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to buy a house and was told to pay certain things off but my score has not moved???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to buy a house and was told to pay certain things off but my score has not moved???

I started working with a mortgage lender about a month ago and he circled a couple of things to pay off and we did. One of the things was an account that was bundled with 3 other accounts (all medical) and said we had to pay all them off not just one at a time. So we paid all 4 and they removed it from the credit report all together, but our score is the same. I paid 2 other accounts that were recently put into delinquent and they just show paid in full. How do I get my score to go up 35 points in the next couple of weeks so we can buy a home? There are only 5 accounts left on my credit report. Only 1 is within 12 months. The others are from 2003-2005 and I was told it would be worse on our score to pay them rather than letting them fall off. Please help!!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Trying to buy a house and was told to pay certain things off but my score has not moved???

Welcome to the forums!

Do you have any credit cards in good standing with balances reporting on your credit reports? If so, what are the credit limits and balances on each one? Have you considered changing lenders for your mortgage?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to buy a house and was told to pay certain things off but my score has not moved???

I dont have any credit cards at all. The only active revolving account on my credit is a car laon for 11000.00 that is up to date. However the credit bureaus do not show we made 3 payments only that it was opened in 11/2009. We were told to try to get that updated to show 3 payments made on time but still not on there. I dont have a problem using another lender if they can help. Hard to find someone to finance. Our score is 561 and they require 600.
Message 3 of 5
mauve
Valued Contributor

a car loan is not a revolving account.  Perhaps a secured credit card if you're unlikely to qualify for an unsecured card.  I've heard good things about HSBC for this purpose - that they report to all 3 agencies and after 18 months they usually convert to unsecured if you've been paying on time.  I have also heard they have an annual fee.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were told not to pull our credit any more. Im afraid to do anything. Why didnt having them 4 accounts removed all together from the credit report change the credit score?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.