cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to figure out what I should do next.

tag
Timbrooks08
New Contributor

Re: Trying to figure out what I should do next.

What's constitutes proper validation.
Message 11 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Not much really.

Who is currently collecting and the amount of the debt.  If you ask for the name and address of the OC and an itemization of the debt they are supposed to include those also.

Message 12 of 18
Timbrooks08
New Contributor

I know for a fact I owe the debt so should I just save time and pay it. I checked my spam and they sent me the dunning letter as an email.
Message 13 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 14 of 18
Timbrooks08
New Contributor

Not sure they sent me a copy of the bill. They won't do pfd but they settled. They said it would be a zero balance and listed as settled in full. Did I screw up or was that the best course of action
Message 15 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I don't consider paying your debt as screwing up.  You might not have gotten it removed as you wanted but it is one less debt to worry about.

Now start sending out GW letters.  If you don't get a response, find someone else in the company to send it to.  They can say no 100 times but it only takes 1 yes.

Message 16 of 18
Timbrooks08
New Contributor

Do you know anyone that has dealt with this collection agency that would know anything.

Message 17 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They were on my CR for a repo they never sent a dunning notice on.  I sent them a DV and it was deleted in a matter of weeks.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.