cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to figure out what I should do next.

tag
Timbrooks08
New Contributor

Trying to figure out what I should do next.

Hi all,
after spending thousands of dollars and a few months cleaning up my report and paying down my credit cards I have run into another problem.  I am still unable to get my middle score above the 640 mark for my fha mortgage.  I put some information below and need some suggestions on how to handle my problem.

Credit cards:

Barclay card (1 month) CL 500 only have a 10 dollar balance reporting
Capital One (2 years)  CL 400 only have a 5 dollar balance reporting
Credit one (1 month) CL 400 zero balance

I have a few collection accounts, mainly one, that are currently being reported on my credit report.  The first collection is Calvary Port service.  They have been paid but will not change the status of the account to paid.  I was told by them since I paid with a debit card they won't update for 180 days after payment.  The only other collection is Receivables performance for 439.00.  That account is still being handled.  I want to pay them but they refuse to remove the tradeline from my CR.  A few months ago I disputed it the the credit agencies because they never sent me a letter or called or really anything.  After the investigation the account was removed but later added without letting me know.  I am more than willing to pay but they just wont budge on the deletion.  

Positive stuff:
I have an 8k car loan that only reports to experian.  Would like to know how to get it added to the other two

I have a 29k student loan in good standing reporting to all three.

Fico scores:

Equifax: 630 myfico

Experian 619 myfico

Transunion 633 myfico

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Trying to figure out what I should do next.

Calavary won't update because you paid with a debit card?  They are bound by the FCRA to report that information in a timely manner.  They are knowingly reporting false information by not updating that account.  Nothing gives them the right to wait 6 months because you used a debit card.

I would be filing a complaint with the CFPB.

If the other account was removed due to a dispute but later reinserted, the CRA was supposed to notify you within 5 days of the reinsertion.

Paying the collections won't help your score, you really need them removed.

I would let 2 cards report a 0 balance and one at 9% or under.  This will give an optimum score.

You can ask the lender if they will report to the other CRAs but it cost money for them to do that.  Some just choose to report to one.

Other than that you are doing what needs to be done.  Letting your accounts age will help.

Message 2 of 18
Timbrooks08
New Contributor

I filed a complaint last month on calvary. They basically responded that they never made the statement regarding it taking 180 days to update but they did delete the mark from my cr. the last ca I have won't budge how should I go about dealing with them.
Message 3 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Calavary deleted?  If so, that is good!

Can you give some more information about the other CA?

Message 4 of 18
Timbrooks08
New Contributor

Yes they deleted it. I owe this last ca receivables performance 483.00. The debt is mine and more than willing to pay in full. The won't do a pfd over the phone or send anything. They haven't sent me a dunning letter and completely blindsided me with this. They are willing to settle but not much less. I'm going to apply for a home loan at the end of next year and my scores are ex 640 eq 614 Tu 650.
Message 5 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 18
Timbrooks08
New Contributor

It's still within sol. The debt is between three and four years. After I called them for a pfd two months ago and they said no I haven't heard a peep from them.
Message 7 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Changes are it will have to be paid sometime during the mortgage process.

If you know it is yours I would just pay it and start sending GW letters.

Is this CA out of WA state?

Message 8 of 18
Timbrooks08
New Contributor

Don't think so I want to say va. Should I have them send me a bill and pay with a money order or pay over the phobe
Message 9 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

First time they talked to you they were required by the FDCPA to send a dunning notice within 5 days.  Don't believe it matters who initiated the contact.

Send them a DV first and see if they validate.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.