cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find DoFD

tag
Reedy26

Trying to find DoFD

I'm trying to find the DoFD as the title says. I pulled all 3 reports through TU and under the OC account it says Last Payment 3/29/10 and High Balance of $1785. This account has since been sold to LVNV on 10/20/10 and they are listing a balance of $2816!
I've read a bit about disputing it and want to take care of this as I'm looking to buy a house, but I'm not paying these crooks an extra $1000!

Since I'm still within the SOL do I send LVNV a letter of DV? Please help, I'm kind of unsure how to proceede.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Trying to find DoFD

You can only find the DoFD on the EQ report directly from their website or annualcreditreport.com.  TU and EX have drop off dates.

I would only send a DV within SOL if you can PIF.

Message 2 of 6
Reedy26

Thank you. Unfortunately, I can't PIF and I can't really wait another year as ill soon be looking to get a house.

How did the balance go from $1700 to $2700? And can they do that?
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

As long as the OC agreement allows for interest to be added, and your state laws, the CAs can.

Message 4 of 6
Reedy26

I see. What is the typical success rate for negotiating down to the original amount or less?
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 609(a)(1) provides the right of a consumer to obtain any information in their credit file by simply sending a request under that section to the CRA, along with some proof of your identity, and the processing fee for such requests, which is currently $11.00.

If you cant get the actual, reported DOFD from a commercial credit report, you can always get it directly from the CRA.

Request the "FCRA Compliance Date / Date of First Delinqueuncy" that was reported under the requirement of section 623(a)(5).

As a reminder, no DOFD is required to be reported until after the reporting of either a colection or charge-off, so dont send a request for the DOFD on accounts that are merely reporting monthly delinquencies.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.