cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to have Midland Funding removed.

tag
imovinup
Regular Contributor

Re: Trying to have Midland Funding removed.

I check my experian report and noticed i had 2 collecions from the same card (imagine mastercard) and i pertionted for the one by continental finance to be removed because midland funding purchased it. the one that midland purchased say UNKNOWN as status but is a negatvie account. im currently disputing this account and i didnt list as not mine. I disputed the dates and amounts. (300 card limit but the balance is 900) the card keep collectioning fees after the program closed. Im on day 27 of my dispute still says pending results due May 30 ( no freecreditreport) im nervous. I want this off my credit report.

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 11 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Ok...first, for now...don't dispute anything.

The one account that shows hsbc/best buy...that shows a zero balance, but as a payment after chargeoff collection.  Where it says "last updated 12/15/10"  That is possibly your DOFD.  Your EQ report does NOT show Midland....correct?

The TU & EX reports only show the Midland acct...which is good.

Have you contacted them at all about payment arrangements??  You need to show an effort on your part to pay this & they will be more likely to work with you on removing this once it's paid.

Feel free to send me a pm.  Been on the same page with Midland in the past.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 17
imovinup
Regular Contributor

update on day 28 it was deleted Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 17
MikeH7

I have 2 Midland collection accounts, both have incorrect dates, have exagerated past due and balance amounts. I disputed them both and had no luck. What next?

Message 14 of 17
iMarcus
Contributor

congrats how did you get it deleted? what did you say? also how much did your score go up.. I have an old T-mobile account that Midland has for $1200..

Message 15 of 17
jbrickbm
New Contributor

i was thinking about calling them and offering to pay a one time payment of  50% or so, and ask for a PFD, is that asking too much?  Or should I pay whole balance?  I was planning on using my Credit Card.

EQ MyFico : 738- 05/28/13TU Walmart: 680- 06/13TU CreditKarma 713- 06/13EX CreditSesame 706- 06/13
Discover IT$3,000, CapitalOne-Rewards$1400, CapitalOne-Rewards2$1000 , BestBuy$600, Orchard Bank$300, Walmart$150

Message 16 of 17
imovinup
Regular Contributor

i disputed them before as not mine big mistake it just came back updated (technically i was wrong) but the status what put into no status which drove me nuts. i got a imagine mastercard low end card to bulid credit with a 300 limit and closed it out but it still kept getting fees. anyways it made it to my credit report and i disputed it again not remembering the details of the card ( seriously) entering a statement in the comment section of the dispute to please check the amount and verufy the date as i dont remember. DELETED after 28 days on experian. i didnt think it was fair to have a no status account for 1 year so i tried again and won. now time to get it off TU which is still updating monthly or wait union 10/2014 for it to fall off. (challenge)

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.