Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to help my mom's credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to help my mom's credit

My mother applied for a house loan and denied by Chase. Had I not been there and requested the bank to print out her crdit report she would have never knew how many completely wrong things are on there. She never aplied for any credit ever. even though i told her the chances of her getting approve were slim to none, she chose to hear the ''no'' from them first.  So after that, I looked over her credit and saw a big red flag. Different name under equifax and different ssn under experian. Whats strange is that my aunts name and and possibly social are up under the cbs i mentioned. I figure this mix up possibly came from an older address that we stayed at that my aunt used to stay in before us. A big dispute is in order. There are repos, collections, court orders, the works on the report. I am surprised that that score was in the bottoms 600's with all the baddies on here. 

sSorry for the long winded post so I will get to my question, how hard will it be to get everything taken care of? I plan on disputing everything and add her as an authorized user on my loc and cc so she can at least have a couple of years of perfect credit history if everything is wiped after the disputing process. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to help my mom's credit

Great News!

I faxed the updated info to Equifax. Just waiting for a confirmation email from them. I called Experian and updated everything over the phone. Their customer service was great!  I am going to add her as a  AU on my TL and she should be 750 and above with my perfect history and her 1 inquiry when the CBs report to everyone.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.