Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to make sure I'm reading things right

tag
gizmotchy
Valued Member

Trying to make sure I'm reading things right

OK, I'm new to all this, but been doing a lot of reading.  A few days ago I pulled all 3 FICO's here just to see where I am.  Here's a copy of a couple of my accounts, as they appear from my TransUnion pull:

Tribute  9/2007  $600  120 days past due  This account has late payments in the past  Details

Aspire  4/2006  $1,039  Charged off as bad debt  This account has late payments in the past  Details

Now here's the weird part.  If I'm reading that correctly, those tradelines are still showing a balance due.  BUT, I paid those accounts to the appropriate CA's - and that fact is definately also showing up on the Collections section:

Collection agency [?] Jeffcapsys
Original balance [?] $600
Current balance [?] $0
Date assigned [?] Jun 04, 2009
Original lender [?] 12 Tribute Mastercard
Account number [?] XXXXXXXXX6003
Account holder [?] Individual
Account descriptions [?] Paid collection

Collection agency [?] Midland McM
Original balance [?] $1,039
Current balance [?] $0
Date assigned [?] Sep 08, 2009
Original lender [?] Aspire Visa
Account number [?] XXXXXX5479

Since those accounts were paid off to collections, it seems to me that the balances on the tradelines should be showing zero, shouldn't they?  Since I was already doing a dispute to TransUnion for an incorrect address listed in my record, I also added these to the same dispute.  These were actually valid accounts, paid off like 4 years ago, and according to my printed TransUnion report from annualcreditreport.com, are scheduled to drop off in around 18 months.

Am I interpreting this right, and this is incorrect reporting?  At this time, I've only disputed on TU, EQ also has both of these tradelines.  EX only has the Tribute account, not Aspire.  I'm kind of treating this as a "trial run" at the dispute process.

Any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Beginning Scores 5/10/2014: EX 604, EQ 587, TU 658 Current 11/9/2015: EQ 665 TU 665 (FAKO) EX 659 (FAKO)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Trying to make sure I'm reading things right

@gizmotchy wrote:

OK, I'm new to all this, but been doing a lot of reading.  A few days ago I pulled all 3 FICO's here just to see where I am.  Here's a copy of a couple of my accounts, as they appear from my TransUnion pull:

Tribute  9/2007  $600  120 days past due  This account has late payments in the past  Details

Aspire  4/2006  $1,039  Charged off as bad debt  This account has late payments in the past  Details

Now here's the weird part.  If I'm reading that correctly, those tradelines are still showing a balance due.  BUT, I paid those accounts to the appropriate CA's - and that fact is definately also showing up on the Collections section:

Collection agency [?] Jeffcapsys
Original balance [?] $600
Current balance [?] $0
Date assigned [?] Jun 04, 2009
Original lender [?] 12 Tribute Mastercard
Account number [?] XXXXXXXXX6003

Collection agency [?] Midland McM
Original balance [?] $1,039
Current balance [?] $0
Date assigned [?] Sep 08, 2009
Original lender [?] Aspire Visa
Account number [?] XXXXXX5479

Since those accounts were paid off to collections, it seems to me that the balances on the tradelines should be showing zero, shouldn't they?  Since I was already doing a dispute to TransUnion for an incorrect address listed in my record, I also added these to the same dispute.  These were actually valid accounts, paid off like 4 years ago, and according to my printed TransUnion report from annualcreditreport.com, are scheduled to drop off in around 18 months.

Am I interpreting this right, and this is incorrect reporting?  At this time, I've only disputed on TU, EQ also has both of these tradelines.  EX only has the Tribute account, not Aspire.  I'm kind of treating this as a "trial run" at the dispute process.

Any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!

The OCs have to be at 0 since you paid their CAs. The maximum reporting time for negative accounts is 7.5 yrs from the DOFD. If that date of 4/06 for the Aspire card is  the DOFD or the CO, it and its associated CA must be deleted as it would be past the maximum CRTP. CAs must work from the DOFD of the OC as well.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.