Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to raise my score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to raise my score

I'm brand new to MyFico.com and this forum.  My Eq score is 547 and my TU is 584.  TU is showing a Revolving/Open balance of $2176.00 and Eq is showing a Revolving/Open Account balance of 3166.00.  This is all bad debt and is all I have left out of about $10,000 of negative credit card activity.  My question is this, I was using the Score Simulator for both Equifax and Transunion and if I paid $1200 towards the bad debt, would it boost my score?  After tinkering with the simulator it showed it would but seeing as this isn't really revolving credit anymore I'm just not sure.  I do know that my credit utilization is currently 725% because of the balances remaining on the closed accounts, so maybe the boost is taking that into account?  I currently only have one secured credit card with a $300 limit and utilizing about 4% of that a month.

Here is what is showing after the $1200 payment to each:

Equifax:  Currently 547 with a bump from 557 -597

Transunion:  Currently 584 with a bump from 584-604

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Trying to raise my score

Hi Rescue - I was just reading old posts and read that the score simulator only factors in time and revolving % - so the sim wouldn't know that you have 'bad debt' or good debt etcetcetc.  Top secret algorithm information.   Good Luck and hope you get more info you need.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.