Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to rebuild but continue to fail :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to rebuild but continue to fail :(

If it hit the original 30 days late for the payment, normally yes it would still report because it went over the 30 day after payment was due.
Message 11 of 16
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

glamchick wrote: Im just so upset, my payment was lost in the mail I guess.  And they never called or emailed me to warn me.

The funds not clearing your bank didn't give you a clue that something was wrong?

I also mail my car payment because my lender is a CU in backwoods southwestern Washington state... and they are still running in the 1990's with their computer systems.  It's the only bill I have that isn't paid electronically.  That being said, if my check doesn't clear my bank in 3-4 days I'm calling them to find out what's wrong.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 12 of 16
nickkinfl
New Contributor

Whatever you do DON'T give up!! I write down ALL of my accounts and I have EVERY due date on a calender and I check it off when paid. I check my accounts DAILY so that I am aware of what is going on with them, fraud etc. and it only takes me less than 5 min! As a backup, I have everything on computer also, just in case I ever lose my financial planner. Don't be discouraged, just work on getting that 30 day wiped off and making sure that you have a good system in place so that it does not happen again.

Message 13 of 16
torry590
Regular Contributor

Always keep and eye on every account, even bank accounts to prevent this from happening. Most people log into all of their accounts once a month even if they are not used. It is a good practice.
As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 14 of 16
thummel
Established Contributor

Like others have said don't give up! Hope everything works out for you in the end!
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you made a payment on the 30th day and not the 31st day they may not report any late at all. But like the others have said call and talk to them.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.