Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to rebuild credit need encouragement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to rebuild credit need encouragement

Hello all those out there,
I'm feeling a little down today. I have been doing a lot of reading and recently sprang into action with a few GW's and PFD's.  What has me so down is one of the CA  wrote back to say they report accurate information. I think I will send them a PFD next. I'm hoping the mortgage company is willing to delete the 3 lates unfortunately one of the lates were for this year March. Other than that I paid for 10 years with the other lates back in 2002. Anyone dealt with EMC mortgage company and have any insight?

MY scores Stink help FICO EXP 457, TU 474, EQ 400Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to rebuild credit need encouragement

Good luck rebuilding! it takes time but you can do it! What is your cc debt like? To me, that's the fastest way to rebuild/build credit
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hang in there, it is going to take a lot of work, and it is not going to happen overnight.  How, often do you pull your reports?  I would suggest using TC to monitor you reports and start trying to pay your most recent derogs for they are doing the most damage.  Be persistent and send out as many GWs and PFDs as it takes, but monitor your credit often so that you are aware of everything that is on your report.  Good luck in your quest to restore your credit.....
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alisha thanks for the encouragement. I don't have any open cc accounts I have afew that have been charged off but they are truly not mines they were my husbands I was on as an authorized user 2 of them I never knew about until I started trying to rebuild. I have alot of hospital bills and student loans that I am working on now. What should I pay off first. Hospital bills or store accounts.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would pay the hospital bills off first, since they may have more of an impact. I would start trying to get a few rebuilder cards (try boa's 99/500) to get you back in good graces and show you can handle credit now. (you may want to wait to see if you can get anything to drop off first though) Research around myfico on cc's and about recons... it will help you a lot
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should try to get the COs...that you were an AU on...OFF...I have read about people getting them deleted...maybe dispute them as NOT MINE...or get your husband to call or write the OC...stating you were an AU...and he takes full responsibility for the COs...

Maybe you should open...a secured card...with BoA...or get Crown Jewelers...something to have some open revolving credit..and keep the UTL DOWN...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.