Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to rebuild from a Divorce

tag
parttime
Established Member

Trying to rebuild from a Divorce

Long story short I worked on the road and she took care of the bills, well was supposed too It got so bad that I would only come home every 3 or 4 months for only a weekend or on the holidays. She let my student loans default and then they where picked up by the state and they defaulted again, let several other accounts get behind and she even vol. turned in her truck so i got hit with a repo bc I was a cosigner on it. All of this was in 08 since then i have been trying to get my credit back up to what it was before everything went south. Had a 805 average score between the 3. I am monerting my credit through Fifth Third Identity Alert. Current scores are Eq 534, Ex 535, and TU 534 when I started to rebuild with the help of my GF. I paid off a truck that i had during the divorce, caught all my house payments up, got my student loans refinanced with the Federal Government, I have been using a credit repair place out of florida which has done alot of work to get things off my report, they've had some good luck getting things removed but i do still have some baddies on my report, and they are working to get these removed. I only pay them when they get results and its $25.00 for everything but public accounts and they are $100.00 each. Anyways I Bought a new truck $33k back in july 12 through GMAC and a new harley $18k (bc she got my old bike)March 13 through Eaglemark Bamk and I was a co-signer on the truck with a interest rate of 5.9% and the solo on the Harley. Local credit union had a loan program where the GF banks and we refinanced both through there just I couldnt be on the notes truck went to 1.9% and the bike went to 6.5%. So now it shows them as paid in full on my credit. I was able toget a Cap 1 M/C Platinum unsecured back in June 13 with a cl of $300 and it was just increased to $1300 when i paid my 4th month, I didnt request it it was them that gave it to me. I now have a balance of $220 on it, was just approved for a Walmart Card with a $1200 cl and a Barclay Rewards M/C with a $500 cl. Was at the mall today and I tried for a Dicks Sporting Goods and Sears and they both said unable to process at the time will get back with you within 14 days, so I am sure they were denied. Gonna just not apply for any credit for a while and let the credit repair company do their job and sit back and not apply for credit anymore.  I will keep all my cards below 30%  and pay double the min every month. Am I on a good start to repairing my credit?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: Trying to rebuild from a Divorce

Yep, you sure are!

That you got an unsecured card is a good thing, and the interest rates on the loans look pretty good.

Just keep gardening for a good while and you'll be in good shape.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 2 of 4
parttime
Established Member

since this post I have managed to aqquire alot of credit and my scores are in the low 700's. My util was around 17% last month and i just payed it down to 3% so I'm hoping for a jump there and also sent in a GW letter asking to have some 30 day lates removed and they were approved by the creditor Now I'm just waiting on them to remove those and then i should see a good jump from the removal of the lates, paying down the util and also some of my new accounts will hit the 1 year mark and 6 month mark. I will be in the garden til 2016. Here is a list of the new accounts that i have now.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $10000

NFCU NavCheck $7500

DCU Visa $9500

Lowes $3750

Discover IT $6500

BofA Rewards $5500

NFCU Go Rewards $4000

Barclays Rewards $2500

Capital One Quicksilver $2500

Walmart $2500 

Kays $4000

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@parttime wrote:

since this post I have managed to aqquire alot of credit and my scores are in the low 700's. My util was around 17% last month and i just payed it down to 3% so I'm hoping for a jump there and also sent in a GW letter asking to have some 30 day lates removed and they were approved by the creditor Now I'm just waiting on them to remove those and then i should see a good jump from the removal of the lates, paying down the util and also some of my new accounts will hit the 1 year mark and 6 month mark. I will be in the garden til 2016. Here is a list of the new accounts that i have now.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $10000

NFCU NavCheck $7500

DCU Visa $9500

Lowes $3750

Discover IT $6500

BofA Rewards $5500

NFCU Go Rewards $4000

Barclays Rewards $2500

Capital One Quicksilver $2500

Walmart $2500 

Kays $4000

Very nice selection of cards, grats to all your success Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.