Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to rebuild with a charge off paid in full

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to rebuild with a charge off paid in full

Trying to rebuild my credit from what was 2 years ago was in the mid 700s. I was just out of college and buying everything on cards. I am in the low 500s to mid 500s on all 2"3 bureaus. I have a charge off with synchrony bank/dicks card that was just paid in full for $1,100. I paid it off before visiting these forums.
I have an account that is closed with Best Buy that is reporting 120 days late that I made a payment to for 2 months and am about to pay $1000 on it at the end of the month. The company said it was not charged off yet if I make payments in 6 months to pay it off.
I have about 16,000 in CC debt that I am going to work delivently to pay off in a year. I appreciate all your alls help. I sent a couple emails to synchrony for GW on the account and a couple GW letters. Got an email from the EO of Synchrony that said they would look into it.

I hope to get my scores up to where I was
Any help appreciated
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to rebuild with a charge off paid in full

The 3 credit cards that have the balance are a discover IT card, a cap one venture card, and a Barclays card. I have 2, 30 day lates and a 2 90 day lates all together
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Trying to rebuild my credit from what was 2 years ago was in the mid 700s. I was just out of college and buying everything on cards. I am in the low 500s to mid 500s on all 2"3 bureaus. I have a charge off with synchrony bank/dicks card that was just paid in full for $1,100. I paid it off before visiting these forums.
I have an account that is closed with Best Buy that is reporting 120 days late that I made a payment to for 2 months and am about to pay $1000 on it at the end of the month. The company said it was not charged off yet if I make payments in 6 months to pay it off.
I have about 16,000 in CC debt that I am going to work delivently to pay off in a year. I appreciate all your alls help. I sent a couple emails to synchrony for GW on the account and a couple GW letters. Got an email from the EO of Synchrony that said they would look into it.

Any help appreciated

@Anonymous wrote:

Any help appreciated

Welcome to the forums.  Are the Discover, Cap 1, and Barclays considered your positive tradelines....and are they still reporting?  Assuming that they are, then work on getting current, staying current, and getting your UTI down.  Continue to the GW campaign and it is hoped that this will prove fruitful as this will help your scores in the long run.  Do you have an installment loan?  You need an installment loan for FICO scoring purposes. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks KayKay yes the cap one, discover , and barclay cards are both open and current. I have never had a late on the barclay, have had one 30 day late on the cap one, and have had several 30 days late on the discover. I do have a fed studen loan of 10,000 that I have never made a late payment on and have been paying for 2 1/2 years and a lease through Toyota that I have had for 2 years and have never had a late. I have sent out my first GW letters to synchrony yesterday.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My overal utilization is 108 I assume once the charge off updates it will be 100% until I start to pay down credit cards. My biggest Cc is discover with a 12,000/out of 12,500. My cap one is 4,500/5000 and Barclays is 1,000/1500. I will not spend another unnecessary penny except on debt
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

UTI is definitely killing your scores. The sooner you can get it under 90%, the better so your current lenders won't start to balance chase you. The two things that count the most in FICO scoring are payment history and UTI. Improve those two things and in time your scores will improve.

Have a great week.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.