Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to rebuild...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to rebuild...

Hey guys,

I've been a lurker on here for a few months and just wanted to get my own advice.

A few years back, I lost my job and had 4 accounts go 120+ days late. all accounts have been brought current since then and they're staying current. I have 3 cards, a First Premier with 300 limit, a Credit One with 300 limit, and a secured Cap1 card with 500 limit (after 400 initial deposit). I tried for the quicksilver and platinum cap1 cards and got declined for both. I just paid a collection with Credit Control (they told me they couldn't do a PFD), and am waiting for it to show paid. My CK scores are:

EQ : 558
TU : 556

I have 21 inquiries on my report, and I know that doesn't do me any justice. I'm trying to get above 600 so I can get a different card with a higher limit and not use the low limit cards. myFICO has my EQ at 523, and I got a denial letter with one of the scores at 483. The Score 9 model has all three in the high 400s.

The 3 cards have high balances and I have one CC with Delta Community Credit Union that has a 1000 limit, but because it went so late, and the checking account I had with then was charged off, the CL expired and it has a 1250 balance. I know I need to get the balances down, that's first and foremost, but what else can I do to get up to my goal? Is there anything I can negotiate with the bureaus about the late payments? Maybe get them taken off?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.