Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to remove paid collection....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to remove paid collection....

Hi guys....My report is totally clean and healty except for 1 account plus the collection for it.  Credit One and Midland.  Midland is their collection agency.  $500 and some odd dollars was charged off from C1 and Midland picked it up.  I paid Midland back in November for the full amount.  Stupid me and not knowing anything, I should have asked for paid with deletion.  I have been trying to get both removed.  No dice.  Letters, phone calls, emails....even to C1's corporate.   C1 said sometimes they make exceptions for removals if paid but they said I dont fit the criteria for that.  Experian tells me on the return letters I get from the disputes that Midland will be removed in May of 16.  Thats cool and all but what about the other 2 agencies and what about C1?  Anyone have any ideas?  They said they verified the info with C1 and info is accurate.  They even went as far as removing the payment history for Midland which boosted my score I think.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Trying to remove paid collection....

If it is about to become excluded by one CRA, then it is shortly to also be excluded by all.

Best bet is probably to just wait a few more months.

Credit report exclusion of both a charge-off and a collection are based on the same date.... the date of your first delinqeuncy (DOFD) on the OC account.

They are required to be excluded not later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD, but usually exclude at approx 7 years.

If you know the actual DOFD, you can determinet the max exclusion date.  Otherwise, you can approximate the DOFD as being 7 years prior to the exclusion date provided by any one CRA, and expect exclusion from all no later than approx six months thereafter.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.