Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to start somewhere

tag
Skyblu

Trying to start somewhere

Greetings to you,
I saw a nice glimpse of this forum, and thought wow real people with the Same or similar issues I have. And boy do I need some help. Looking forward to new beginnings.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Trying to start somewhere

Welcome to the forums Skyblu. I wish I joined this forum years ago.  You can start by getting all three of your credit reports for free from annualcreditreport.com and then checking to see if everything is accurate. The next step differs for people...I would urge you NOT to dispute everything through the Credit Reporting Agencies. That could be a last resort depending on what you find on your free reports. Best Wishes!!!  You made the first step.  Smiley Happy

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 8
Skyblu

Ok, I will begin the process. Will I only receive the report, or will the score be given as well?
Message 3 of 8
titanofold
Established Contributor

You'll only get the reports for free.

You can get your scores through myFICO here, or if you want some freebies you can sign up at Credit Karma (CK) for your TransUnion score and Credit Sesame (CS) for your Experian score. There's no free source for Equifax.

Really important to note: CK and CS are called FAKOs for a reason; they're just guesses. They're not accurate, but they're close enough to give you an idea as to where you stand. Some people have had their scores be wildly different from their FICO scores. So, YMMV.

They're also useful as a way to monitor what's happening to your credit.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 4 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Welcome to the forum! You're getting and will continue to get some great advice. Just be sure to get a lot of feedback before making any decisions. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 8
Skyblu

Thanks again. I'm on the project.
Message 6 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Skyblu wrote:
Greetings to you,
I saw a nice glimpse of this forum, and thought wow real people with the Same or similar issues I have. And boy do I need some help. Looking forward to new beginnings.

Welcome to the forum 

Here you will find any and all answers to your questions.

If you can't find the answers always ask we want to see you succeed and help will come running from all side to assist

Best wishes on your journey

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 8
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Skyblu wrote:
Greetings to you,

Welcome to the forum 

Here you will find any and all answers to your questions.

If you can't find the answers always ask we want to see you succeed and help will come running from all side to assist

Best wishes on your journey

This is so true, I am thankful for my myfico family.....just wish I had joined sooner. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.