Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to stay positive

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to stay positive

I've spoken with TU today and the rep was nice and he enlighten me with my CR, that was cool. However, I'm getting frustrated with what letters to send to CA etc...I guess my question is, if I know the debt is mine why should I go through with the letters? I thought I could take all of this in but I'm feeling very frustrated right now. My old man is trying to calm me down but it's just so overwhelming. I want to give up but I'm trying to stay positive...I just don't know anymore

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Trying to stay positive

Depending upon your situation....it can be overwhelming.  I know for me it was, still is and I'm in the midst of it.   One thing that helped me with this onslaught of paperwork that I generated and the responses that I got back was to get organized and have everything in a binder.  I'm anal that way, so I got some three hole punched sheet protectors and I kept the copies of the letters that I sent to the CA and stapled it together.  About the debt, If anything you can negotiate the debt down to something that you want to pay, understanding that they CA paid cents on the dollar.

Dealing with the CRs....I've got no answer for that...because depending upon which agency you speak to (TU seems to be the nicest one for me...others may disagree)  they either have English as a second language and thus make it hard to understand them, or they just aren't as willing to help. 

Only advice I have....hang in there it will get better.  That's what I tell myself, and having found myfico for me was a Godsend!

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 2 of 5
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

I felt overwhelmed for a long time too. But this site has so much great info and the knowledge I gained gave me the confidence to tackle my collection head-on, and I got a good response from a PFD letter i sent out to the CA and was able to finally settle the account on Friday, an account that has been haunting me from 2008. Just read around on here and find others who are in similar situations as you and try to have the upper hand on your debt collectors. It will give you the confidence you need to get back on track. Good luck =]

Edit: And stay organized as the other poster suggested! It will be a huge help.

Message 3 of 5
REALISTICLYSPEAKING2014
New Contributor

Herbie,

We all understand your level of frustration Smiley Sad  Believe me...It will get better, but also realize that this didnt happen overnight, nor will it be resolved overnight. Take one thing at a time and get it resolved. I know it is overwhelming and feel free at any time to post questions, vent or just give us updates on your journey..It is going to be a jouney.

You need to read ALOT about your specific situations, and there is an answer to any question you may have if you go to the search feature. Everyone on myfico  is very helpful and will show you step by step and offer guidance when needed. You have come to the right place!

Be patient.. I know its hard, but we are all kind of in the same boat...I am in the middle, heading uphill now after a long and agonizing 2+ year rebuild. Just stay focused on the rewards and the day will come when you can help someone else here with a tip or some advice! That alone is very rewarding!

Keep your chin up, stay focused and always play nice when dealing with creditors or someone you are talking to that can possibly help!  Never admit to owing anyone anything unless you have something in writing first.

Good luck to you!

Myfico scores 1.9.15 EQ 657 EX 688 TU 700
NFCU Plat Visa 15,000 | NFCU Cash rewards 15,000 | Lowes 7500 | Fingerhut 1100 | Amazon Store Card 1,500 | Discover IT 1300 | CAP 1 Qsilver 1300 | JC Pennys 1500 | Dressbarn 1100 | Walmart 2500 | Kays Jewelers 500} Mattress One 4500 \ Ashley Furniture 1500 \ American Home Furnishing 2000
Loans:
NFCU Auto 30,000 | NFCU Nav check 15,000 | NFCU Debt Cons 4100 |

Message 4 of 5
REALISTICLYSPEAKING2014
New Contributor

Congrats to you Veg!

What a feeling when something that has been pulling you down for so long, finally disappears from all your hard work!  I am so thankful to have these forums, as real life friends don't really "get it" and I wouldn't discuss this type of celebration with my coworkers, so I am happy for you because I know exactly how you feel!!! My boyfriend calls me "credit girl" as I stopped trying to explain to him every point gained or that I emailed a PFD or GW letter...Just way easier to come here and be excited and share happy news and wins with you all on hereSmiley Happy Somehow these forums have become my part time job and the benefits are unbelievable!!

Myfico scores 1.9.15 EQ 657 EX 688 TU 700
NFCU Plat Visa 15,000 | NFCU Cash rewards 15,000 | Lowes 7500 | Fingerhut 1100 | Amazon Store Card 1,500 | Discover IT 1300 | CAP 1 Qsilver 1300 | JC Pennys 1500 | Dressbarn 1100 | Walmart 2500 | Kays Jewelers 500} Mattress One 4500 \ Ashley Furniture 1500 \ American Home Furnishing 2000
Loans:
NFCU Auto 30,000 | NFCU Nav check 15,000 | NFCU Debt Cons 4100 |

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.