Original Lender---
Original Balance$424--
Current Balance$424--
StatusUnpaid--
Date AssignedAug 31, 2011--
Account NumberXXXXXXX--
Account HolderIndividual--
DescriptionMedical

I want this off. I'm willing to pay, however I cannot figure out who the collection agency is, who to call. Anything. I need this off asap!! Anyone have any ideas what to do without disputing??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Trying to take care of this

@Anonymous wrote:

Collection 3 of 3

Collection Agency613YC00000--
Original Lender---
Original Balance$424--
Current Balance$424--
StatusUnpaid--
Date AssignedAug 31, 2011--
Account NumberXXXXXXX--
Account HolderIndividual--
DescriptionMedical

I want this off. I'm willing to pay, however I cannot figure out who the collection agency is, who to call. Anything. I need this off asap!! Anyone have any ideas what to do without disputing??

Since its medical if you know who the bill is from, start there. If they wont recall the collector as outlined in step 1 then ask them who they sent it to.

For unpaid medical debt:

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 4
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

I believe the anuual free credit reports show all the info that is missing as well if you haven't tried that this year. I know when I compare the free annual reports to the normal reports you get from 3rd party websites like this one, the free ones have way more info in them, like OC, CA, DOFD, Fall off dates, etc

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you pulled your free full reports from annualcreditreport.com? It should show a contact number and address for the agency even if it does not show their name. I have one like that on my Equifax report. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.