cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to understand for rebuilding my credit if there is anything else to do but wait

tag
Dlyte

Trying to understand for rebuilding my credit if there is anything else to do but wait

Hi everyone, I am working on trying to rebuild my credit.  Nobody to blame but me....With that being said I had posted a forum regarding a BMW lease and got some great information but figured now I should ask some questions in the general forum.

I currently have a Score of 613

My ingredients are as follows

Payment history is not good

Amount of debt, credit history and amount of new credit are all great

Under my credit at a glance it says

It then says I have 2 accounts with negative indicators, 1 collections and 1 public record

under accounts it says I have 3 neagtive indicators, all 3 have a zero balance

1 is a creditonebank $0 balance / status bad debt/collection

1 is a "repo" honda / account paid for less than full balance

1 is a judgement "public record" child/family support, however this was from a lawyer not from the state for missing child support.  Not sure what that means.  then it says closed or paid account/zero balance.

I can provide more information if I need to....but any information anyone can provide I would appreciate, I am thinking all I can do is wait or so I am hearing

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

Re: Trying to understand for rebuilding my credit if there is anything else to do but wait

I would start searching the forum.  Search instances relating to each negative, how to handle it and examples.  Then move on to collections and the judgement.   Doing this really really help you form a picture in your mind of what needs to be done.  The folks here give awesome advice !  But at the same token, spend time educating yourself with each issue.   It makes it easier for you to form a tailored plan of action. 

I went through a phase of attacking everything hard and it went fairly well.   Some other things i have had no luck getting changed ( baddies).  But the more i looked at my reports, utilization of cards, inquiries and age of accounts, i see it probably affects me more now than anything.   Its hard for me to give advice, im still new to this hahaha.

I think I just put myself in the garden..................

Good Luck with it !

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 2 of 4
Dlyte

Re: Trying to understand for rebuilding my credit if there is anything else to do but wait

LOL Thanks Kool, I guess that is why I posted the thread...I see things that I do not completely under like the judgement or public record it shows a zero balance, opene in 2003, last activity in 2007.  it then says scheduled payment amount is $556 and says open account but then says closed or paid account/zero blalance.  but apparently it is effecting me because I cant seem to get a Credit Line.

is it worth be getting my annual credit report for additoional information or is myfico all I need at this time?  Anyone can comment

Message 3 of 4
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

This is what i have done.  My first experience with looking at my credit started with Credit Karma a few months ago, sorta gives you an idea of what is out there.  Then I went to Equifax (18.00) a month but it has more useful information on it.  Then I found MyFico Smiley Happy  Each report will show you items and some will be different, but it gives you a start of where to attack. 

Some like the Credit Krma (CK) and others are referred to as FAKO scores, and they are.  They don't mean crap, but are free and can help you see whats out there.  I would definitely use the annualcreditreport thingy.  You can only get it once a year so get it.

I have not had a judgement or public record so I dont personally know much about them. 

Get what reporting you can and piece together the information on the judgement/etc and try to figure out where, when, what etc. 

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.