Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tu keeps deleting derogatory accounts when new tl are added

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tu keeps deleting derogatory accounts when new tl are added

Every time I get a new positive trade line added to my credit report transunion deletes one of my derogatory accounts that aren't supposed to come off for 6 more years. I have 50 positive trade lines. Will these return?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Tu keeps deleting derogatory accounts when new tl are added

Thats sounds fantastic!  I have never experienced anything like that with about 30 tradelines on TU.  If I noticed that everytime I added a new account, a closed derogatory account was removed (as if there is some kind of max for amount of tradelines on TU), I would start applying for new credit like crazy.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I just got approved for two more credit cards so I can't wait for them to hit my transunion file. I only have one derogatory item left an my bankruptcy
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be a miracle if they delete my bankruptcy off my credit file
Message 4 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

The bancruptcy might not be included with the tradeline max that there seems to be on TU, but you might as well try since you are in a perfect postition to test it.  

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I rechecked my tu and I have 46 positive trade lines and 1 derogatory. It's an odd number. I have a total of four more positive trade lines that will be reporting soon. Cap 1 is one of them and I've had the account for 6 weeks but they still aren't reporting on my credit file
Message 6 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I have not heard of CRAs deleting, on their own volition, accounts that are less than 7 years from closing date.  Their 10 year informal policy from closing date is based on retaining accounts that may still have CR exclusion period derogs remaining, all of which are at least 7 years.

I would suspect that the creditors have most likely reported deletion rather than the CRAs doing administrative deletions.

Creditors have reason to delete.... it eliminates any hassle on derogatory accounts, as no disputes can thereafter be directed to non-reported information.

But just my speculation....  have you contacted them and determined if the creditors reported the deletions?

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not contacting the creditors to ask if they deleted the delinquent account from my credit file. That's opening a can of worms. All I know is that once all my student loans hit my report which was 18 accounts all of a sudden 5 delinquent accounts were removed. I guess I'll see what happens when my other credit cards hit my report.
Message 8 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I was not suggesting calling the creditors.  I was suggesting calling the CRA.

Message 9 of 13
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

Are you positive they are deleted?  They may just be not showing on the report (maybe a limitation of the report format).  Where are you getting the report from?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.