cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turned down for SECURED card....now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Turned down for SECURED card....now what?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Inquiries stop affecting your score after 12 months. Some lenders don't like to see a lot of them.

which lender gave you the too many inquiries denial? Capitol One

What lenders have you applied with? I researched here and tried to acquire cards from Capitol One, BoA, Discover. I also tried Old Navy, American Eagle, and Walmart. I only applied after research told me that these cards were usually attainable with bad credit. My Experian FICO is 579 (after the inquiries). I'm not sure of the other two. 

Do you have any current credit lines at all? The only thing I have is my auto loan, which has six reported payments, all on time. I have two accounts in collections that I am currently working on, as well as a judgement from 2010. 

Wow... Never heard of Cap One being inquiry averse...

OK, looks like you may have to bite the bullet and take a step down a notch and go with Open Sky or Primor as another poster suggested. I'd suggest open sky first. Let it report the first month, then see where your scores are. If they come up quite a bit, try apping for a Cap One unsecured.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open Sky Secured. I have had that card for 14 months. No issues, and they report every month. They do not even run a credit check. Also have merrick bank secured.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get a Open Sky secured card. They dont do a credit check, minimum required is 200.00 dollars and they report to all 3 bureaus. I started with them and now have 5 Bank Cards. When all others say no, go to them. IMHO!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.