cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two 30-Day Lates Hitting 3-years - Impact on Score?

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Two 30-Day Lates Hitting 3-years - Impact on Score?

As I have mentioned in other threads, I have two 30-day lates with Capitol One from July and August of 2005 (I have been trying to GW them, but so far CapOne is does not like that idea...).  When these hit the official three year mark in August (September reporting, I assume), do you think I will see much of a score drop?  I know that these are likely not having much of an impact on my score at this point, but just wonder if actually hitting the 3 years might help a bit. 

Thanks!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two 30-Day Lates Hitting 3-years - Impact on Score?

As they age, they affect less and less.

You may or may not see a small bump when they turn 3. You usually see the small bump when they turn 2.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.